Nadvädzujúci príspevok na vyvesovateľa: Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon  Identity Verified
Grécko
Local time: 03:01
gréčtina -> angličtina
Na pamiatku
Sep 8, 2011

Sorry if this has been asked and/or answered elsewhere, but I can't find anything relevant (maybe I'm just being stupid?!).

I translate exclusively Greek > English.

I can also answer many English > Greek questions on Kudoz, but I haven't found any way to get e-mail notifications of Kudoz questions in this pair/direction unless I claim to work in English > Greek (which I have done). Because of a separate issue I've even had to claim (as suggested by site staff) that I wo
... See more
Sorry if this has been asked and/or answered elsewhere, but I can't find anything relevant (maybe I'm just being stupid?!).

I translate exclusively Greek > English.

I can also answer many English > Greek questions on Kudoz, but I haven't found any way to get e-mail notifications of Kudoz questions in this pair/direction unless I claim to work in English > Greek (which I have done). Because of a separate issue I've even had to claim (as suggested by site staff) that I work on Greek monolingual projects (I suppose that is occasionally true for editing).

Since I also speak French and Welsh I'd like to get notifications about questions from/to these languages in any combination with English and Greek [for practice in French and Welsh rather than any desire to get Kudoz points], but I can't see how to do it without claiming that I translate in all these combinations. I don't want to appear like a "Jack of all trades...".

Is there a way to get Kudoz notifications for questions which are not in your working languages and direction?
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
Spojené štáty
Local time: 20:01
Člen (2000)
francúzština -> angličtina
+ ...

MODERÁTOR
How about adding pairs and hiding them? Sep 8, 2011

You can set your profile to include more language pairs without showing those pairs in your profile.

I have my profile set to a lot more language pairs than those showing there. This allows me to receive notifications in those particular pairs. The hidden pairs are labeled "Interest pair (not shown in profile)." (However, I have most of those pairs set to no notifications--receiving notifications in all those pairs would have my mailbox filled to bursting!)

Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon  Identity Verified
Grécko
Local time: 03:01
gréčtina -> angličtina
TOPIC STARTER
Na pamiatku
Thanks! Sep 8, 2011

Or, as we'd say in Greece, χίλια ευχαριστώ (a thousand thank-yous). So easy to do, but I just didn't think of looking outside Kudoz settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz notifications - language pairs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »