Număr de pagini:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11]
Kudoz - Leader list - A good moment to sort by usefulness rate too?
Inițiatorul discuției: Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spania
Local time: 20:41
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Not ironically at all, just the facts Sep 1, 2009

Bjørnar Magnussen wrote:
Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:
The same way: Proz.com does not care about this discussion. It's sad but it's just the hard facts. They will never implement any measure like this, and they have said it a hundred times over the last years.
Do you really want to invest your time in a discussion that will lead nowhere?

I suppose this is meant ironically? If not, why on earth did you start this topic?

I did not mean this ironically at all! I really mean it. Along the discussion of this topic (and many other related topics over the years), Proz.com have clearly stated that they will not change anything related to how Kudoz points are assigned or how leader lists are made. You only need to read the rest of this topic.

I started this topic as a way of gathering opinions and discussions about this proposal, with the hope that, seeing a widespread acceptance of the idea, Proz.com might change their mind about this whole matter. During the process I understood that this kind of effort is in vain. Let's face it once for all folks, Proz.com is no association: it is a traffic-dependent business. It really strikes me that many people haven't still grasped this.

Mette Melchior
Mette Melchior  Identity Verified
Suedia
Local time: 20:41
din engleză în daneză
+ ...
Really sad if that is all Proz intends to be... Sep 1, 2009

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:
Let's face it once for all folks, Proz.com is no association: it is a traffic-dependent business. It really strikes me that many people haven't still grasped this.

I am still fairly new to this site, meaning that I have been around for a couple of years and read and sometimes participated in the forums when I have had the time. I was (and still to some extent am) very enthusiastic about discovering Proz.com and the benefits and potential of this online translator platform, especially in relation to the knowledge sharing and fruitful discussions that take place here.

Therefore, I am also really sad to gradually realize that Proz.com might not be that open, translator-oriented and community-driven project, I thought it was in the beginning. But I must say, that I still truly hope that the staff at Proz.com will listen to all of your good arguments for adding another perspective to the Kudoz lists as we know them today, thus demonstrating that their intention is and should be to work towards creating the best online platform for professional translators.

It is really sad to see, that so many of you, who have been around for years and contributed with so many things in the forums as well as in Kudoz, are disappointed about how things are going - and I am sorry to say that I can also start to see where you are coming from.

By the way: what ever happened to the general poll that was suggested about this subject? Was that ever on? (I have been away on holiday for some weeks, so it might have been run while I was away, although it doesn't look like it from the comments in this thread). This could have been a splendid way to hear a greater part of the community regarding this, so I really don't understand why the staff would pass on that opportunity, when this evidently is something a lot of people care about, and many put a lot of effort into helping others by participating in Kudoz and thus also contributing to this site as a whole. As always, the wording of such a poll question could just be modified to something the staff would find suitable and then of course forum discussions like this one and the ones started by Attila on the same subject could be the places for some more in-depth discussions on this - but this should of course also involve the people in charge of the site for it to actually lead to anything.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic here. This was just to let you know how I see all this. I really hope that Proz.com will continue to listen to the users of this site - on all matters and especially also in relation to Kudoz which is a big part of what this site has to offer - and hopefully the focus of the site will remain to be on our needs and wishes as translators from an online meeting place like this - although it sometimes doesn't quite seem as if that focus is so clear.

Keep up the spirits - and please continue to make this site such a valuable resource by being here, contributing and sharing your knowledge and experience.

Best regards,

Mette

[Edited at 2009-09-01 15:51 GMT]

Număr de pagini:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz - Leader list - A good moment to sort by usefulness rate too?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »