Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Barcelona - Spain".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Lorenzo Elizalde
Lorenzo Elizalde  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
and the early flier Feb 16, 2004

Sorry I had to leave but my wife and 13-month old daughter were walking around Stiges and it was time to leave. It was a pleasure meeting you all, and AnneM I think it would be a great idea to meet again. Never been in Girona myself. Thanks again.

Teresa Miret
Teresa Miret  Identity Verified
English to Catalan
+ ...
Wow! What a powwow! Feb 16, 2004

Is this why it's called powwow? It was really amazing. I'm glad to have met you all. When's the next one? And in Girona? Count me in!
I apologise because it was so late I could'nt stay for dinner. Next time I'll do, I promise!

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Good time Feb 17, 2004

I had a very nice time at the powwow. I enjoyed the introductions and chatting with many fellow translators afterwards. It was definitely worth going.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Great get-together! Feb 17, 2004

It was terrific for me and my wife as well to put faces to names, and to have such a good time talking to new people. The web's an incredibly good thing but still comes nowhere near to the real world, I might think.

Thanks to all who turned up and made this an unforgettable event. Many thanks also to Pablo, Roser and anyone else who contributed to organising the powwow.

On a different note - Ceci, have you realised that there's a "Parrot's Pub" just off "Los Vikingos"?
... See more
It was terrific for me and my wife as well to put faces to names, and to have such a good time talking to new people. The web's an incredibly good thing but still comes nowhere near to the real world, I might think.

Thanks to all who turned up and made this an unforgettable event. Many thanks also to Pablo, Roser and anyone else who contributed to organising the powwow.

On a different note - Ceci, have you realised that there's a "Parrot's Pub" just off "Los Vikingos"??
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I know... Feb 17, 2004

Paola passed by after we had gone, and since we weren't around, decided to hang out there awhile. Took a picture of the Italian mods posing in front of it to send me...

Joseph Milanes Rosacena
Joseph Milanes Rosacena
Spanish to Tagalog
+ ...
I'd wish I had the opportunity to sing (lol).. Feb 17, 2004

It was really a great event. Be looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon. And less formality and more peanuts and drinks.

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:39
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
It was great Feb 19, 2004

I am so glad to meet so many Prozians in Sitges. It was a wonderful event because of so many great members who came and also because of a great organization by Pablo and Berni. Thank you to all.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:39
SITE FOUNDER
Nice talking! Feb 19, 2004

Thanks everyone for your feedback and encouragement. It was great to put faces to names, and I left with a better understanding of our vibrant Barcelona / Sitges community. So while it was productive, I also wouldn't mind catching one of the Barcelona "informals" someday.

Thanks again to Pablo and the Sitges crew for handling the venues. And here's to the xato and Catalan cream!

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Such a unique opportunity! Feb 27, 2004

Happy to be amongst all of you! I do regret I had to skip the dinner, as I would have loved to chat at greater length.

I also very much enjoyed a couple of para-powwows in Madrid (coffee with Cindy Chadd) and Barcelona (dinner with Madeline, Ruben and Pablo).

More than ever feel blessed to be a part of this community.

Cheers from sweet home Chicago

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »