Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Barcelona - Spain".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Montse Tugas (X)
Montse Tugas (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
No recuerdo su apellido Jan 28, 2004

Lo siento Cecilia, pero no recuerdo su apellido. Creo que era australiano. Espero que vea el anuncio del powow y se apunte.

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sí, es él Jan 28, 2004

Era australiano. No creo que haya uno en cada esquina en Sitges.

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Mmmmmh.... Jan 28, 2004

Te sorprenderías de lo que uno puede encontrarse en cada esquina de Sitges.... I'm serious! =D

Sean Lyle
Sean Lyle  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
You can even eat at a half-Australian restaurant in Sitges - they grow the emus up the track in Vila Jan 31, 2004

Yup! Hi Folks!
I do live just round the corner on the Playa S. Sebastian. Sorry not to join in earlier but I went to England and picked up a foul cold (from the pigeons?) and have been too rough to want to look at a screen.

I live near the best fideua in Sitges at the Hostal Bonanza (fine view of the cemetery! - actually worth a visit for the Modernista etc tombs, not quite Highgate): outside tables would do about 30-35 people, inside, very cramped and noisy, for lots more - w
... See more
Yup! Hi Folks!
I do live just round the corner on the Playa S. Sebastian. Sorry not to join in earlier but I went to England and picked up a foul cold (from the pigeons?) and have been too rough to want to look at a screen.

I live near the best fideua in Sitges at the Hostal Bonanza (fine view of the cemetery! - actually worth a visit for the Modernista etc tombs, not quite Highgate): outside tables would do about 30-35 people, inside, very cramped and noisy, for lots more - would need to book well in advance to block out so many tables.

The Tambucho on Playa S Sebastian is small, but for small escapee groups it could do up to about 20 at the pavement tables and quite a lot more inside.

Vikingos is set up to do coach parties, food is OK, and is does have plenty of space - can get a bit noisy inside because of the number of people.

But if anyone goes away from Sitges without having XATO (a vegetarian version would be contra natura, but I suppose it could be done)¡no tendrá perdon de Dios!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all (again, for some..)
Collapse

kirchner
kirchner  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
we all "hope" Feb 5, 2004

I think translator is the most hope-I-will-be-there job on earth

Martin Perazzo
Martin Perazzo  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'll definitely be there Feb 5, 2004

And I agree with Sean - it's a punishable crime to leave Sitges without having tried the "xató".

Yamato (X)
Yamato (X)
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:03
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Well well well... Feb 7, 2004

Our powwow seems well underway!

I never knew the original sentence that the captain of the "A" team said, but as he used to say: "I love when plans turn up all right".

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
English to Spanish
Can anyone confirm...? Feb 7, 2004

I used to think it was:
"LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER..."

Looking forward to this. See u all soon!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:03
SITE FOUNDER
I love it when a plan comes together... Feb 8, 2004

That was it. Hannibal would usually be putting a cigar in his mouth as he said it.

Anyway, hope to see you all soon!

Roser Bosch Casademont
Roser Bosch Casademont  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 11:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Desplazamiento Feb 9, 2004

Por cierto, alguien comentaba sobre la vuelta a BCN por la noche, hay un “nit-bus” cada hora (y para quien aguante más, a las 5am el primer tren...)

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
English
+ ...
Last trains to Sants Feb 9, 2004

Hi all,
the last trains from Sitges leave as follows:

So, we should all be able to get home after a 5pm Powwow, shouldn't we?

Teresa Miret
Teresa Miret  Identity Verified
English to Catalan
+ ...
De una proziana rookie Feb 9, 2004

¡Hola a todos!
El domingo está muy próximo a los carnavales, o sea que habrá bastante (o mucha) animación en Sitges, sobre todo si hace buen día. ¿Lo habíais pensado?

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
English to Spanish
¡Ah malvados moderadores...! Feb 9, 2004

¡Por fin sabemos a lo que venís......!

¿Alguien había propuesto irse de Sitges a las 22:26? Hum, hum, veo un problema aquí))

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dos o tres de coches que salen después de las 22.26? Feb 9, 2004

Ruben, Ruben, ya te lo dije mucho antes... la idea de las fechas fue empalmar con los "ensayos" (local color) como "extra", pero no agobiarse con los carnavales propiamente dichos...

Acá en la capi hemos podido organizar caravanas a la sierra. ¿No sería fácil?

Ah sí, Sean, nos vemos... dos años después del caso de las marcas en NY!

Roser Bosch Casademont
Roser Bosch Casademont  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 11:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
trasnochadores Feb 10, 2004

Repito...: hay un "nit bus" de Sitges a Barcelona entre medianoche y las 5am, en 1/2 hora llega a Pza Catalunya, así que no hay problema para quien quiera quedarse hasta más tarde de las 10 y media...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Barcelona - Spain

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »