Iniziatore argomento: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 00:05
Da Russo a Inglese
+ ...
Mar 17, 2003

I\'m about to transfer a couple of payments to Moscow and Baku...before I do so, can anyone tell me if they know a cheaper alternative to Western Union (not paypal etc as this is no good to the recipients). Obviously it needs to be AS reliable.

Any last minute advice would be greatly appreciated.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Da Georgiano a Inglese
+ ...
to FSU....... Mar 22, 2003

Western Union is the best \"conventional\" method for sending to the FSU that I have found so far (but see below?). Your bank might send it to a branch of a correspondent bank for a fee of more, the same or a bit less, but it might also involve an extra fee on top of that for the correspondent bank(s) in beween, in which case it would definitely be more, and your bank might not be able to tell you how much that fee will be(!) or (sometimes) know to warn you about it in advance - although I would... See more
Western Union is the best \"conventional\" method for sending to the FSU that I have found so far (but see below?). Your bank might send it to a branch of a correspondent bank for a fee of more, the same or a bit less, but it might also involve an extra fee on top of that for the correspondent bank(s) in beween, in which case it would definitely be more, and your bank might not be able to tell you how much that fee will be(!) or (sometimes) know to warn you about it in advance - although I would still ask them and see what they say. WU has the added advantage that it is instant and a bank transfer often takes a few days to become collectable.

I would be interested if anybody comes up with any other suggestions.

Moneygram claims to be \"often cheaper than WU\" - and does go to the FSU, there is a list of UK agents with phone numbers to check prices, but when I came to use it exchange rates were the same and charges only marginally less.

FX http://www.onlinefx.co.uk/content/services/imt.asp is UK based and at the time of writing says it transfers to individual bank accounts in Russia (but probably not Baku at this time) for £15 (sums less than £1000) £10 (sums > £1000) in 2 wking days - I have no experience of using them but they have a UK office and their London telephone number on the site and answers, so presumeably UK senders would be reasonably protected if using them.

[ This Message was edited by: giulik on 2003-03-23 10:15]

[ This Message was edited by: giulik on 2003-03-23 10:19]

[ This Message was edited by: giulik on 2003-03-28 10:36]

[ This Message was edited by: giulik on 2003-03-28 10:40]
Collapse

Yuri Smirnov
Yuri Smirnov  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:05
Da Inglese a Bielorusso
+ ...
Moneybookers Apr 12, 2003

www.moneybookers.com

If they feel like using it.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Da Georgiano a Inglese
+ ...
Thank you Apr 12, 2003

I was assuming that Dan\'s recipients couldn\'t recieve PayPal because they couldn\'t receive e-mail payments - but may be that wasn\'t the point.

Thanks for the reminder about MoneyBookers - I\'ll look into using them for small payments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Money transfer from UK to FSU

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »