Thread poster: Zachary Boswell
Zachary Boswell
Zachary Boswell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:47
Arabic to English
+ ...
Jun 4, 2022

I am trying to get my wife established with transcription work. We have both done thousands of hours of transcribing on contracted work where transcription was often required. However, we have never had to negotiate rates for this particular task. For proofreading translation work I charge 60% of my usual word for word. I have transcribed for this company and am well aware of the type of audio being transcribed, but have no clue as to the error rates of the other transcribers on their contract. ... See more
I am trying to get my wife established with transcription work. We have both done thousands of hours of transcribing on contracted work where transcription was often required. However, we have never had to negotiate rates for this particular task. For proofreading translation work I charge 60% of my usual word for word. I have transcribed for this company and am well aware of the type of audio being transcribed, but have no clue as to the error rates of the other transcribers on their contract. Or any other such metrics I could use to equate to an hourly rate.

Can anyone identify what Percentage%%% of our transcription rate we should charge for editing US_English to US_English audio?

Thank you for your time.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transcription Proofreading/Editing Rates

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »