Most efficient mobile banking app for accepting incoming payments In Euros and dollars.
Thread poster: Bronagh McInerney
Bronagh McInerney
Bronagh McInerney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:49
Member (2020)
Italian to English
+ ...
May 19, 2022

Hi,
My clients are having problems paying me which is a hassle for them and me.
Can anyone recommend an efficient system for getting payments please. I'm UK based. Ideally I'd like a system that enables invoice generation.
Thanks people.

Juan Manosalva
Juan Manosalva  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:49
English to Spanish
Have you tried with paypal.com or wise.com? May 19, 2022

Hello Bronagh,

I am from Chile and I use both PayPal and Wise to receive payments from abroad. I am pretty sure PayPal has an invoice generator as part of it utilities. It is web-based. I am not sure whether they have the same tool available through the app, as I only use the web version of the platform.

As regards to Wise, although I could not find an invoicing tool in their website, I am pretty sure the system works for receiving international payments. I use it regul
... See more
Hello Bronagh,

I am from Chile and I use both PayPal and Wise to receive payments from abroad. I am pretty sure PayPal has an invoice generator as part of it utilities. It is web-based. I am not sure whether they have the same tool available through the app, as I only use the web version of the platform.

As regards to Wise, although I could not find an invoicing tool in their website, I am pretty sure the system works for receiving international payments. I use it regularly and it works perfectly.

I hope this has been of help for you.

Best regards,
Collapse

Bronagh McInerney
United Kingdom
Member (2020)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paypal and Wise May 19, 2022

Hi Juan,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Paypal and Wise are the systems I'm currently using. I liked Wise until recently and now my payments are taking ages or clients are just resorting to a default paypal payment. There's no customer service address to email with Wise. Anyway I read on a forum on this site that Wise is better for getting your salary paid into than for freelancing accounts anyway. With all the developments in Fintech I'm hoping there'll be a smoother system as I'm sur
... See more
Hi Juan,
Paypal and Wise are the systems I'm currently using. I liked Wise until recently and now my payments are taking ages or clients are just resorting to a default paypal payment. There's no customer service address to email with Wise. Anyway I read on a forum on this site that Wise is better for getting your salary paid into than for freelancing accounts anyway. With all the developments in Fintech I'm hoping there'll be a smoother system as I'm sure my clients will be getting weary. Paypal is expensive as a method for me as I usually do small jobs.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:49
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Contacting Wise May 19, 2022

Bronagh McInerney wrote:

Hi Juan,
Paypal and Wise are the systems I'm currently using. I liked Wise until recently and now my payments are taking ages or clients are just resorting to a default paypal payment. There's no customer service address to email with Wise. Anyway I read on a forum on this site that Wise is better for getting your salary paid into than for freelancing accounts anyway. With all the developments in Fintech I'm hoping there'll be a smoother system as I'm sure my clients will be getting weary. Paypal is expensive as a method for me as I usually do small jobs.

For the record, to contact Wise go to https://wise.com/help/contact

Steve Robbie
Steve Robbie
United Kingdom
Member (2017)
German to English
+ ...
Barclays May 19, 2022

Barclays will give you a free euro account if you open a current account with them.
It works well for me, and I haven't experienced any of the blocked payment issues that people have complained about recently with Wise. Presumably you can use the Barclays app (although I don't, I just use the web-based internet banking service).

You'll be better off using Wise to exchange the euros for pounds (Barclays' exchange fees are too high), but that's pretty easy.

I don't
... See more
Barclays will give you a free euro account if you open a current account with them.
It works well for me, and I haven't experienced any of the blocked payment issues that people have complained about recently with Wise. Presumably you can use the Barclays app (although I don't, I just use the web-based internet banking service).

You'll be better off using Wise to exchange the euros for pounds (Barclays' exchange fees are too high), but that's pretty easy.

I don't know anything that lets you combine banking with your own accounting & invoicing in one app. That's chalk and cheese as far as I'm concerned; I'd rather keep the two things apart.
Collapse

Bronagh McInerney

Bronagh McInerney
United Kingdom
Member (2020)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contacting wise. May 19, 2022

Thanks John,
I saw that it's just a bit fiddly to work with. It's happened with the last 3 payments and I've copied and pasted my details exactly. When payments are due I then have to go back and check them all up I really need a smoother more efficient system. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:49
English to Turkish
Wise Business Account May 19, 2022

Are you using a personal or business Wise account? I had issues with the personal Wise account, but it was all good once I switched to a Business Account.
You may have been misled by this statement: "Wise is better for getting your salary paid into than for freelancing accounts"

John Fossey

Bronagh McInerney
United Kingdom
Member (2020)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Efficient payment system May 19, 2022

Thanks but it's a Wise business account.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Most efficient mobile banking app for accepting incoming payments In Euros and dollars.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »