Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:08
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
May 11, 2022

Hello everybody,

Please excuse me if this question has already been asked and I was not clever enough to find the answers with the search.

A customer asks me to offer the writing of SEO texts. I have some experience in the past with it, but finally dropped it, because what the customer wanted to pay me for it was way to low to cover my actual work.

What I want to know is: On which base is SEO normally invoiced on the market? Hours/words/flat fee for one tex
... See more
Hello everybody,

Please excuse me if this question has already been asked and I was not clever enough to find the answers with the search.

A customer asks me to offer the writing of SEO texts. I have some experience in the past with it, but finally dropped it, because what the customer wanted to pay me for it was way to low to cover my actual work.

What I want to know is: On which base is SEO normally invoiced on the market? Hours/words/flat fee for one text? And which are the corresponding tariffs practiced?

Many thanks in advance,

Geneviève
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Hourly and conversion. May 11, 2022

You may charge hourly or flat fee and a conversion bonus.

You can easily check conversions of your text using the SEO tools which you should master well if you are a SEO writer.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Per project, hour or word May 16, 2022

Hi Geneviève
Ask the client to complete a detailed brief with the keyphrases, length, audience, CTA, etc. and provide reference material. Quote on the basis of the brief. I include two rounds of amends.

In general my rate for content writing is about twice my rate for translation, that's either per word or per hour on smaller jobs, per project for bigger jobs. It really depends on what the client wants though and how much time/effort you estimate it will take. Content editing
... See more
Hi Geneviève
Ask the client to complete a detailed brief with the keyphrases, length, audience, CTA, etc. and provide reference material. Quote on the basis of the brief. I include two rounds of amends.

In general my rate for content writing is about twice my rate for translation, that's either per word or per hour on smaller jobs, per project for bigger jobs. It really depends on what the client wants though and how much time/effort you estimate it will take. Content editing is about twice my rate for revision.
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 27, 2022

Many thanks to everybody.

I finally invoiced 3 times my word tarif for translation, and I think this was not exaggerated considering the time such work takes.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tariffs for SEO

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »