Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 9, 2022

Hi all,

A colleague has asked me to transcribe the EN text that some images contain so that he can translate them, and I don't know what the rate for image to text transcription is. Is there are a standard or regular rate for this kind of work?

I've searched the forum but have only found voice transcription rates.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2022-05-09 14:25 GMT]

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:08
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Hourly Rate? May 9, 2022

I think you are talking about some images with embedded text, and you want to transcribe this EN text in those images. I do not remember doing any work exactly like that. If there is a lot of text, you can perhaps time yourself, and charge based on your hourly rate. I know it is not translation but you are still spending your time to transcribe it.

Daniel Fernandes
Juan Manosalva
Emanuele Vacca
Danna Enriquez
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Juan Manosalva
Juan Manosalva  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:08
English to Spanish
Hourly rate May 10, 2022

Hi Andrea,

You can keep track of the time it takes you to do the job and then charge an hourly rate for that. You can assess the materials and come up with an estimate you can share with the work giver, letting the work giver know that you will need to adjust that estimate when the job is done, as you are not sure yet of how long it will take you to complete the task.

I hope that that makes sense to you.

Regards,

ATIL KAYHAN

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Image to text transcription rates?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »