Thread poster: Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:36
English to French
+ ...
Apr 29, 2022

Chatting around, I noticed that the way this discount works is seldom understood, and I think it’s a shame since it can be a great help for translators working in countries with “developing economies”. So here is how it works: https://www.wordfast.com/discount

Conditions:
_You need to be residing in such country (will be selected when entering your payment method)
_You are
... See more
Chatting around, I noticed that the way this discount works is seldom understood, and I think it’s a shame since it can be a great help for translators working in countries with “developing economies”. So here is how it works: https://www.wordfast.com/discount

Conditions:
_You need to be residing in such country (will be selected when entering your payment method)
_You are buying only one license, as a freelancer

Pricing:
Wordfast has two list prices:
_For countries with “developed” economies, i.e. Wordfast Pro is 460 USD at the moment
_For countries with developed economies, i.e. Wordfast Pro is 50% of above price: 230 USD
So if you’re buying from a country with developing economy you get an immediate 50% discount on your purchase.
This gets better when renewing, Wordfast licenses run for 3 years and all renewals are at 50% off the list price at the moment of renewal.
So let’s say in 2025 you renew from a country with a “developing economy”, if Wordfast Pro is still at 460 USD full price, your list price is 230 USD. So you will be renewing at 50% of your list price which will be 115 USD for a 3 years license. Note that discounts are never taken into account for these calculations
This means that for countries with developing economies, if prices don’t change you could get a total for 6 years of licenced Wordfast Pro: 230 + 115 = 345 USD (averages at 57,50 a year BTW, you can’t pay monthly or yearly).
If this is still cryptic to you, I explain this in a video posted on Robert’s channel (Freelance Translator Tips) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waSxY58hzwE
Be well.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast discounts for countries with developing economies

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »