Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Italian agency not accepting Wise (formerly TransferWise) account "for tax reasons"
Thread poster: Glyn Lloyd-Jones
Tony Keily
Tony Keily
Local time: 13:46
Italian to English
+ ...
I agree 100% Apr 8, 2022

Tax remains a matter that is mostly outside the scope of EU law, except notably when it comes to VAT, but national tax law cannot be written in such a way that it violates EU law.

I couldn't agree more but I think we're talking about different things! (Fear of the Revenue Agency in Italy vs the law in Italy)

Anyway, good to talk and I'm happy for Glyn.

[Edited at 2022-04-08 14:25 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:46
French to English
What WISE says about SEPA with Italy (and Spain) Apr 9, 2022

Glad indeed to see you found a solution. WISE seems to be aware that some banks in some member states are more likely to be problematic than others. This may be of interest.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2956754/what-are-sepa-transfers

[Edited at 2022-04-09 13:53 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Italian agency not accepting Wise (formerly TransferWise) account "for tax reasons"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »