Catherine Meunier
Catherine Meunier
France
Local time: 21:12
English to French
+ ...
Mar 17, 2022

Hi everyone,

What rate per word would you ask to an international NGO? I have experience so would not want to undersell myself. The NGO is based in Australia and I see on some website that people ask there between 0,20 and 0,50 AUS/word... (?)

Thanks a lot!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:12
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Catherine Mar 17, 2022

My rates vary with the language combination and the subject matter but not according to the country where my client is located.

Jorge Payan
Vanda Nissen

Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:12
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Agree Mar 18, 2022

Teresa Borges wrote:

My rates vary with the language combination and the subject matter but not according to the country where my client is located.

I agree. Besides, something is telling me that this NGO is most likely trying to find a translator who charges less than in Australia. We have some really strong French translators whose details are openly listed in the NAATI directory so they are most likely hoping to get it done cheaper overseas.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates to ask to an international NGO based in Australia

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »