Netherlands
Local time: 12:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Cilian Apr 13

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:
OK, it's the free version, with data 2 years old (not that that would matter here). Are Gpt4 etc. worth paying attention to?

I've asked Chat GPT several times in the past few days to do a grammar check for me. GPT-3.5 simply edits the text (i.e. it fixed all errors and makes a couple of stylistic changes as well). GPT-4 edits the text, and then gives a list of edits that it had made, along with reasons for the edits. My prompt is simply "Grammar check please:" followed by the text. GPT-4 does take 2-3 times longer to generate an answer, though.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here's what I get Apr 13

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:
Do either (or perhaps both) of the words "gyros" and gyrus" contain the letter O? If so, as which letter does it appear?

GTP-3.5: Yes, both "gyros" and "gyrus" contain the letter "O". In "gyros", the letter "O" appears as the second letter, and in "gyrus", it appears as the third letter.

GTP-4: Yes, both "gyros" and "gyrus" contain the letter "O." ... In the word "gyros," the "O" is the fourth letter. ... In the word "gyrus," the "O" is also the fourth letter.

The GPT-3.5 answer is identical to the API answer.

[Edited at 2024-04-13 20:03 GMT]

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Cool. Spoilt for choice :-) Apr 13

So 3.5 tells me 4th and 3rd.
4.0 tells Charlie 4th and 5th.
3.5 tells Samuel 2nd and 3rd
4.0 tells Samuel 4th and 4th.

Christopher Schröder

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Want more chat, then ask for it Apr 14

Samuel Murray wrote:
I wonder how I can get the AHK utility to give me the same types of answers that I get in the browser. In the browser, Chat GPT is friendly, chatty and gives additional tips. In the utility, Chat GPT gives only the answer, with no additional comment. The extra comments are often very useful -- that's the whole point of using a chat bot.

I simply changed the prompt that I give the API, and now the API gives me a more comprehensive answer. The API is also much faster than the web version. On about 100 words of text, the API spends about 3-5 seconds thinking, and then the entire answer appears in a single go.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
10 or so days later Apr 26

Same Q:

Do either (or perhaps both) of the words "gyros" and gyrus" contain the letter O? If so, as which letter does it appear?

---
ChatGPT
Yes, both "gyros" and "gyrus" contain the letter O.

In "gyros," the letter O appears as the fourth letter in the word.
In "gyrus," the letter O does not appear in the word.
---

Getting interestinger. Maybe it does 'learn' a wee bit.

I need another beer.

Lieven Malaise

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automate commands to ChatGPT (Windows)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »