Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Powwow: Toronto - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Toronto - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Sophie Latulippe (X)
Sophie Latulippe (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
New ProZ member from Toronto May 2, 2003

Hello,
I would like to attend. Can you tell me more about the possible roles in a powwow? Thanks

Yuri Geifman
Yuri Geifman  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:59
English to Russian
+ ...
Hello Sophie May 2, 2003

There are few "official" roles at a powwow, but there's many things you can do, such as help organize it, write up the story for the web site, take photos, carry a discussion on a specific subject of interest to you, etc. What I had in mind as a topic for discussion (and possibly some actions to follow the discussion, if any constructive solutions are found) is the value of being or becoming a certified translator in Ontario, what the association is doing for us and what it could and/or should b... See more
There are few "official" roles at a powwow, but there's many things you can do, such as help organize it, write up the story for the web site, take photos, carry a discussion on a specific subject of interest to you, etc. What I had in mind as a topic for discussion (and possibly some actions to follow the discussion, if any constructive solutions are found) is the value of being or becoming a certified translator in Ontario, what the association is doing for us and what it could and/or should be doing, etc.
I hope this answers your question.
Best regards,
Yuri
Collapse

Mark Vaintroub
Mark Vaintroub  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi there. May 4, 2003

I'll take pictures there, OK? Do you have anything in mind in terms of location?

Yuri Geifman
Canada
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi Mark May 4, 2003

I was thinking about something similar to what we did last year, that worked out nicely. But we have to see how many people show any interest, then fix the date and the place. This is just tentative, for now.

Carole Harrington
Carole Harrington  Identity Verified
Canada
French to English
+ ...
I enjoyed it last year! May 23, 2003

A discussion about ATIO would be very helpful.

Yuri Geifman
Canada
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi everybody! Jun 6, 2003

Well, we have 17 people registered so far. What say you, shall we go ahead as planned or put it off until August and see if we can gather a larger group? I was going to suggest we meet at a Mandarin Chinese Restaurant - I think it's a perfect venue because of the "prix-fixe" food and the selection, plus they have special rooms for this sort of thing. I know the one up here on Finch West does (Finch and Dufferin). If anyone has other ideas or knows of better locations (more central, perhaps) - pl... See more
Well, we have 17 people registered so far. What say you, shall we go ahead as planned or put it off until August and see if we can gather a larger group? I was going to suggest we meet at a Mandarin Chinese Restaurant - I think it's a perfect venue because of the "prix-fixe" food and the selection, plus they have special rooms for this sort of thing. I know the one up here on Finch West does (Finch and Dufferin). If anyone has other ideas or knows of better locations (more central, perhaps) - please let me know.
I think we need to make a final decision soon so people can make plans, certainly before June 15.
Thanks all!
Collapse

foehnerk (X)
foehnerk (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
July or August? Jun 6, 2003

I'm easy, as long as it's not the last week in August or July 26, 27

KF

Mark Vaintroub
Mark Vaintroub  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Russian
+ ...
July or August... Jun 6, 2003

I have no problems. I'll be there. Mandarin is fine.

Beatrix Read
Beatrix Read  Identity Verified
Canada
English to German
+ ...
July or August Jun 6, 2003

Since I can't tell yet if I can make it anyway (it's school holidays - no idea what my kids will be doing while I am enjoying the Powwow), just go ahead and decide whatever is better for most of you. I will then decide spontaneously.

Mmelinda
Mmelinda
Canada
English to Spanish
+ ...
July or August Jun 6, 2003

Mandarin at Finch location is okay. July or August I'll be there

Montefiore
Montefiore  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:59
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
August Jun 6, 2003

July would be next to impossible for me to attend, but I'm sure you can decide without me, and if, by some miracle, they cancel one meeting, I will gladly join you.

Marie Lauzon
Marie Lauzon  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
Early July, late August Jun 6, 2003

I will be unable to attend somewhere from mid-July to mid-August, as with maybe others who follow the traditional summer holiday dates...
Mandarin's fine, bonus for vegetarians! (always something to munch there for grass eaters)

margari
margari  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:59
English to Italian
+ ...
August Jun 7, 2003

August would be better for me,I can't amke in July

Lorianne Weston
Lorianne Weston
Local time: 06:59
French to English
+ ...
July to mid-August Jun 7, 2003

July to mid-August is when I can make it. Mandarin sounds good to me, too!

queenspeed (X)
queenspeed (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
July or August Jun 9, 2003

OK with me, Mandarin is fine

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Toronto - Canada

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »