Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Powwow: Toronto - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Toronto - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Yuri Geifman
Yuri Geifman  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:57
English to Russian
+ ...
Great Blackout of 2003 Aug 15, 2003

Hi everyone,
Because of the uncertain situation with the electric power in Toronto and a promise of "rotating blackouts" throughout the GTA, the Mandarin restaurant cannot guarantee that it will be open tomorrow, so I think we should postpone the powwow. I would appreciate suggestions as to a good raincheck date - how far ahead does everyone wish to plan? I could set it up for next weekend, but perhaps people need a bit more notice than that? I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has a di
... See more
Hi everyone,
Because of the uncertain situation with the electric power in Toronto and a promise of "rotating blackouts" throughout the GTA, the Mandarin restaurant cannot guarantee that it will be open tomorrow, so I think we should postpone the powwow. I would appreciate suggestions as to a good raincheck date - how far ahead does everyone wish to plan? I could set it up for next weekend, but perhaps people need a bit more notice than that? I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has a different venue in mind.
I hope that everyone affected by the blackout is coping
Please take care of yourselves,
Yuri
Collapse

Beatrix Read
Beatrix Read  Identity Verified
Canada
English to German
+ ...
Great Blackout Aug 15, 2003

Hi Yuri,
it is probably a good idea to postpone, since nobody knows how things will develop over the weekend. I am easy concerning the date (I do prefer Saturdays though) and will only know the day before if I will be able to make it. So just go ahead and arrange a date that is best for all those that will definitely attend. All the best,
Beatrix

Larissa Boutrimova
Larissa Boutrimova  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Blackout Aug 15, 2003

I support the idea of postponing due to the current situation. Next weekend, preferably Saturday, is fine with me. However, I am open to other dates as well. I hope we'll make it anyway!!!

margari
margari  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:57
English to Italian
+ ...
next weekend Aug 16, 2003

next weekend is good and wise..

Mark Vaintroub
Mark Vaintroub  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Russian
+ ...
Next weekend is good Aug 16, 2003

Since the previous blackout was in 1965, we have a lot of time ahead. At least till next weekend...:-))

Montefiore
Montefiore  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:57
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
Next weekend is impossible for me Aug 16, 2003

Hi, everyone, and sorry about the blackout!It would be a total disaster for me - how do you do without coffee in the morning? Unless you have a battery-operated coffemaker/ Of course, you can use the alcohol burners we used to have at the lab:) or a barbecue grill:) Yuri, I hope you and yours are doing well, jokes aside.

Next weekend has been set aside for a friend's wedding, so I can't possibly make it. Sorry. Maybe next year, unless you postpone it till October, or even November,
... See more
Hi, everyone, and sorry about the blackout!It would be a total disaster for me - how do you do without coffee in the morning? Unless you have a battery-operated coffemaker/ Of course, you can use the alcohol burners we used to have at the lab:) or a barbecue grill:) Yuri, I hope you and yours are doing well, jokes aside.

Next weekend has been set aside for a friend's wedding, so I can't possibly make it. Sorry. Maybe next year, unless you postpone it till October, or even November, as I have a meeting in October;) And September is already busy:) Just go ahead without me, and I'll decide on the spur of the moment.
Collapse

Christine Slattery
Christine Slattery  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
next weekend Aug 16, 2003

is fine with me.

How is everybody? My area was out only for 13 hours but I hear that lots of folks still are without power..

Pasquale Capo
Pasquale Capo  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Next week-end I cannot make it Aug 16, 2003

I am camping from 19-23; so go ahead without me the black out has thrown everybody's plans in the air.
PC

AlwaysMoving
AlwaysMoving
Local time: 18:57
Spanish
+ ...
this weekend ok! Aug 18, 2003

Yuri, this weekend is ok by me.
How is the situation for everyone else?
And again, if you need help, just ask.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Toronto - Canada

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »