Thread poster: Rosa María Domínguez
Rosa María Domínguez
Rosa María Domínguez
Local time: 06:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2007

Hi,
I'm a beginner with Wordfast and I'd like to know if there is any way of converting TMs created with SDL Edit (.mdb) to Wordfast TMs.
Thanks.

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
English to Czech
Wordfast opens TMX format Jan 23, 2007

Rosa María Domínguez wrote:

Hi,
I'm a beginner with Wordfast and I'd like to know if there is any way of converting TMs created with SDL Edit (.mdb) to Wordfast TMs.
Thanks.

Do TMX in SDL Edit and file select as Wordfast TM.

From sdl pages:
SDL TMX
SDL TMX is used to import and export Translation Memories to and from the SDLX format. In addition to the industry standard TMX format, SDL TMX supports a wide variety of import and export formats, including TRADOS TM's, as well as commonly used tab-delimited or comma-separated files.

Milan

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Use Olifant Jan 23, 2007

Wordfast might be able to import a TMX file exported from SDLX, but there is a more bullet-proof way:

Download Olifant, the version from Enlaso (www.translate.com), and install it. It requires the NET platform in your PC.

Open the TMX file exported from SDLX and use the Export command from the file menu to save it as a WF TM. Use Unicode (UTF-16) encoding so that the extended character
... See more
Wordfast might be able to import a TMX file exported from SDLX, but there is a more bullet-proof way:

Download Olifant, the version from Enlaso (www.translate.com), and install it. It requires the NET platform in your PC.

Open the TMX file exported from SDLX and use the Export command from the file menu to save it as a WF TM. Use Unicode (UTF-16) encoding so that the extended characters in your TM are preserved.

I often use this procedure to share my TMs with colleagues who use WF.

HTH

Piotr
Collapse

Rosa María Domínguez
Rosa María Domínguez
Local time: 06:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 24, 2007

Thank you for your comments

Irene Elmerot
Irene Elmerot  Identity Verified
Dutch to Swedish
+ ...
SDL files on Mac? Apr 26, 2007

Does anyone know how to do this on a Mac, that doesn't support Olifant?
Is for example Heartsome of any help in this?

Or, next time I get a job offer from an agency that fancies SDLX, what can I do to get the job and translate with Wordfast, not going trough any Windoze machines?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

From SDL Edit 2005 to WF 5.50

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »