Off topic: editing help for a paragraph
Autor vlákna: mrlinhtinh92
Apr 28, 2011

I'm really appreciate if someone could point out what mistakes I made and which sentences or words are neither natural nor suitable, Here it is

"Despite the women’s interest is increasingly paying more attention in over the world, the earnings gap between men and women, however, still persists today. Based on the Human Development Report for Asia – Pacific set by the Development Program of United Nations, the earnings of full-time working women were much lower then men with
... See more
I'm really appreciate if someone could point out what mistakes I made and which sentences or words are neither natural nor suitable, Here it is

"Despite the women’s interest is increasingly paying more attention in over the world, the earnings gap between men and women, however, still persists today. Based on the Human Development Report for Asia – Pacific set by the Development Program of United Nations, the earnings of full-time working women were much lower then men with the difference ranging from 54 percent to 90 percent. In the USA, most working women still earn about 87 percent of the average income of men. Although no one can deny that this situation need to be changed in the way that for the benefit of women, it will take a long time to achieve a desired results. Anyway, women is adequate to something better than what they have now."
Collapse

NKW (X)
NKW (X)
francouzština -> angličtina
+ ...
Suggestion Apr 28, 2011

Not sure I have fully understood the text, but the following may help:

"Despite the increasing worldwide interest in women’s earnings, there is still an earnings gap between men and women. Based on the Human Development Report for Asia-Pacific commissioned by the United Nations Development Program, earnings for women in full-time employment were much lower than those of men, with differences ranging from 54 to 90 %. In the USA, the average income for most working women is still ar
... See more
Not sure I have fully understood the text, but the following may help:

"Despite the increasing worldwide interest in women’s earnings, there is still an earnings gap between men and women. Based on the Human Development Report for Asia-Pacific commissioned by the United Nations Development Program, earnings for women in full-time employment were much lower than those of men, with differences ranging from 54 to 90 %. In the USA, the average income for most working women is still around 87% of that of their male counterparts. Although no one can deny that this situation need to be changed in a way that benefits women, it will take a long time to achieve the desired result. Whatever the situation, women deserve something better than what they have now."
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Španělsko
Local time: 03:55
Člen (2007)
angličtina
+ ...
There is a site feature dedicated to this service Apr 28, 2011

mrlinhtinh92 wrote:

I'm really appreciate if someone could point out what mistakes I made and which sentences or words are neither natural nor suitable

This thread should be moved to the new feature where others will comment on a translation. Can't find a link just at the moment.

A general point, however, is that you are clearly a learner of English. If you are studying to be a translator, then you will no doubt specify English as a source language, translating from it into your native language. As such, you do not need to worry about lacking the ability to write perfect English texts. You do need to continue improving your English so you can effectively communicate with clients in the language, but generally speaking, your comprehension skills and range of passive vocabulary will need to be higher than your production skills.

Christina Paiva
Christina Paiva  Identity Verified
Brazílie
Local time: 23:55
portugalština -> angličtina
+ ...
Translation Feedback Area Apr 29, 2011

Sheila Wilson wrote:

"This thread should be moved to the new feature where others will comment on a translation. Can't find a link just at the moment."

http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_feedback_area-1049.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

editing help for a paragraph

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »