Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Powwow: Washington D.C. - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Washington D.C. - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:53
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
About the venue May 10, 2004

Dear Rosa Maria,
How about one of the places that you suggested earlier, either the National Gallery of Art or the Smithsonian Castle? What do you and the others think? Please send your opinion
Monika
p.s. I will also do Identity Verifications, for those who are not verified as of yet
Monika

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:53
I like the National Gallery better... May 10, 2004

But let's see what the other colleages want. I am so glad that I will have the opportunity to have my identity verified!

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

National Gallery May 20, 2004

The description sold me! And I haven't been there in years.
Yolanda

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
uncertain plans Jun 3, 2004

I would love to meet everyone. I missed the Nice Powwow, and I only live 1 1/2 hours away, but I will be in Rochester NY this summer, and DC sounds great to me. Keep me posted, I will confirm as the date gets closer.
Gayle

ayaz khan
ayaz khan
United States
English to Bengali
+ ...
BANGALI AND URDU TRANSLATORS Jun 3, 2004

I LIVE IN DUMFRIES. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE EVENT. WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST BENGALI AND URDU TRANSLATORS TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME THANKS

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Place of meeting: National Gallery Jun 8, 2004

Dear all,
I am so excited to meet all of you next month. I know we still have time, (a little over a month), but it would be nice to decide for the time when we will meet. What do you think about the time? Will Noon be OK, or would you rather meet a little bit later? Please send your suggestions.
Monika

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Very uncertain plans Jun 9, 2004

Please, don't count on me yet, I am still hoping to come, but it looks very unlikely since my husband will be going back to France the day before, flying out from Toronto...not really a neighboring city, is it!

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Date and Time Jun 28, 2004

Per Terena's request, I am posting here the date, the place and the time of this powwow.
Date: July 24, 2004
Place: National Gallery
Time: Noon

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Looking forward to meeting all of you there
Monika

p.s. Gayle, I hope you will still be able to make it there.

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
The National Gallery Jun 28, 2004

Hi Monica and all of you!
Just a note to mention that, since the National Gallery is rather large, I believe we should get a more specific point of encounter. Maybe in front of the glass triangles that are between the old and the new building, and from there we can decide where inside the Gallery we want to meet.
This is just a suggestion. Let's see what the others think. REgards Rosi

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Front of the glass triangles at the National Gallery Jun 28, 2004

Rosi said: "Just a note to mention that, since the National Gallery is rather large, I believe we should get a more specific point of encounter. Maybe in front of the glass triangles that are between the old and the new building, and from there we can decide where inside the Gallery we want to meet."

It is fine with me Rosi. Thank you for your sugestion. Monika

ineveryl
ineveryl  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
So what will we do? Jun 28, 2004

I'm in school to get my masters and my goal is to be an interpreter after I finish. Is this something that would be beneficial for me to attend?

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
To Terena Jun 28, 2004

Definitely it will help you.
I think the powwow will help you to learn more about other people’s experience, get contacts etc. I always learn from other interpreters/translators who are more experienced then me. Overall, come for a relaxing and fun time, make friends, and learn something new. (I always do!)
Also, I noticed from your profile that you are not VID-ed yet (VID=Verified Identity). I or some other Moderators who will be there will be happy to do an Identity Verification
... See more
I think the powwow will help you to learn more about other people’s experience, get contacts etc. I always learn from other interpreters/translators who are more experienced then me. Overall, come for a relaxing and fun time, make friends, and learn something new. (I always do!)
Also, I noticed from your profile that you are not VID-ed yet (VID=Verified Identity). I or some other Moderators who will be there will be happy to do an Identity Verification for you and/or others who might need it. It will help you a lot with you membership here at Proz.com (Read here for more info about VID-ing process).
I really hope you can make it. It will be a great and learning experience for everyone who attends it.
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
To Terena Jun 28, 2004

Also, I noticed from your profile that you are not VID-ed yet (VID=Verified Identity). I or some other Moderators who will be there will be happy to do an Identity Verification
... See more
Also, I noticed from your profile that you are not VID-ed yet (VID=Verified Identity). I or some other Moderators who will be there will be happy to do an Identity Verification for you and/or others who might need it. It will help you a lot with you membership here at Proz.com (Read here for more info about VID-ing process: http://www.proz.com/faq/qa#qa_vid ).
I really hope you can make it. It will be a great and learning experience for everyone who attends it.
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Where and when we are meeting Jun 30, 2004

For the benefit of those who have signed their names recently, the following is the info of the place and time of our powwow:
these are the details so far:
Date: July 24, 2004
Place: National Gallery, in front of the glass triangles. Time: Noon
Hope you will be able to come. See you there, Monika

Eva Olsson
Eva Olsson  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
+ ...
What are the plans? Jul 20, 2004

This is my very first powwow, so I don't have a clue... What shall we bring - lunch etc.? I also need to know when my husband can pick me up afterwards, so how long in the afternoon will it go on for approx.?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Washington D.C. - United States

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »