Powwow: Valencia - Spain

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Valencia - Spain".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

lincasanova
lincasanova
English to Spanish
+ ...
one lodging possibility Nov 4, 2003

2/3 bedroom front line beach apts. sleep 4-6/6-8.
Price any night during fallas 85/95 euros plus 7% tax.

no need to block now.
In January I can block one/two, whatever for whomever.
contact Linda Casanova at Proz.com

lincasanova
lincasanova
English to Spanish
+ ...
this is looking up! Dec 3, 2003

excting to see the interest generated. we need to think of easy place to eat after mascletá saturday! maybe JOL near hotel astoria if we make reservation now for menu??

DylanS
DylanS
Spain
Local time: 11:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other lodging Dec 3, 2003

Large flat 4 bedrooms (or more if necessary 140 square metres) in centre of town GV Fernando el Catolico for rent during Fallas (interior rooms which anyone going to Fallas will realise are essential). Anyone renting it could use it for meetings too cost 600 euro for the week. Call 963850975 or e-mail [email protected]

David Brown
David Brown  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
David Brown Dec 8, 2003

My posting was meant to be an additional note. I am interested in the Valencia powwow as I live and work in the city. Look forward to meeting other translators.

Katherine Matles
Katherine Matles  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Fallas Casal Jan 22, 2004

Wow. I see that people are really interested! How exciting! Guess what. I belong to the Falla de la Universidad Politécnica and they said they wouldn't mind if we held the meeting at the Casal (its on campus). What do you all think of the idea?

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Good idea Jan 26, 2004

I guess that's a very good idea, Katherine... Shall we need transport? I think the Politécnica is a little bit far off the centre, but it should be well connected anyway (metro/bus).

I will most likely bring an "outsider" That's my girlfriend, who is from Valencia. Will try to convince her to meet the strange race of ProZians here...

Katherine Matles
Katherine Matles  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
MARCH 18 at 19'30 p.m. Mar 15, 2004

Could those of you are planning to come to the Powwow on the 18th please confirm by posting a message here

There are two options 1: Meet at the Falla of Politécnico de Valencia and participate in a paella contest. We could all make a paella together and then perhaps go to see the Fireworks. (The ingredients are supplied by the Politécnico exscept for the chicken which I would buy and any snacks that we want to brin
... See more
Could those of you are planning to come to the Powwow on the 18th please confirm by posting a message here

There are two options 1: Meet at the Falla of Politécnico de Valencia and participate in a paella contest. We could all make a paella together and then perhaps go to see the Fireworks. (The ingredients are supplied by the Politécnico exscept for the chicken which I would buy and any snacks that we want to bring along.

2) Meet at Sally O'Brians on Avenida Aragon for a drink and decide from there what to do later.

Please indicate which option you prefer.

Thanks!
Collapse

Franck Charreire
Franck Charreire  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
Confirmed - Option 2 Mar 15, 2004

David Brown
Spain
Spanish to English
Options Mar 15, 2004

As I live in Valencia, and my wife already makes the best paella, I prefer Option 2 (It's also nearer home)

lincasanova
lincasanova
English to Spanish
+ ...
option 2 plus..... Mar 15, 2004

if anyone is interested in meeting earlier, i can meet at the Campanar Falla, next to HIPERCOR (free parking) in the morning and after seeing some fallas, getting some chocolate and buñuelos,end up at Mascletá. We could meet upstairs in Hipercor cafe, which can handle groups.. or at churros stand at falla itself, depending on the weather. I personally may not be able to do the dinner part, as we have guests coming that p.m., so i would really like to meet some of this group if anyone is up fo... See more
if anyone is interested in meeting earlier, i can meet at the Campanar Falla, next to HIPERCOR (free parking) in the morning and after seeing some fallas, getting some chocolate and buñuelos,end up at Mascletá. We could meet upstairs in Hipercor cafe, which can handle groups.. or at churros stand at falla itself, depending on the weather. I personally may not be able to do the dinner part, as we have guests coming that p.m., so i would really like to meet some of this group if anyone is up for this suggestion. name a time. my phone 620 5969 23Collapse

David Brown
Spain
Spanish to English
Where to eat Mar 16, 2004

Just across the Aragon Bridge from Sally O'Brien's is the Ensanche/Ruzafa district with probably the most concentrated number of restaurant/bars/fallas.Depending on numbers and the time we may not need to book. It is also near Paseo Alameda for watching the Castillo.

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Sorry..... Mar 16, 2004

I won't be able to attend on Thursday as promised. Lots of work and personal things have forced me to delay my trip to Valencia to the 19th. So I won't be able to meet you.

I am sorry this time it could not be possible but I wish you a very nice powwow, "castillo" and paella!!

Rb

Maria Sampedro
Maria Sampedro  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
No podré asistir Mar 17, 2004

Lo siento, no voy a poder asistir al powwow. Os deseo que paséis un día estupendo.
Un saludo,
María

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'll have to cop out myself Mar 17, 2004

I made the unforgiveable mistake of confusing Fallas and San Fermín in July and hubby just won't take another trip so soon after Sitges...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Valencia - Spain

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »