Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Edinburgh Conference - 'Survey' on suggested venue and pricing
Thread poster: Pernille Chapman
Eva Middleton
Eva Middleton  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:45
German to English
Fine with me, too May 31, 2006

Sounds like you've given this much thought and worked hard at finding an appropriate venue, so thumbs up from me.

Dees
Dees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Thumbs up! May 31, 2006

Yes, it is fine by me too, many thanks for all the hard work!

I also wanted to say that I would be very happy to help out in any way during the conference. I think I'll be able to come up to EH a few days beforehand to visit friends (I used to live in Scotland ) so I'm pretty sure I could also help out then with the setting up, etc.

I look forward to meeting you all (it will be my first Proz conference)!<
... See more
Yes, it is fine by me too, many thanks for all the hard work!

I also wanted to say that I would be very happy to help out in any way during the conference. I think I'll be able to come up to EH a few days beforehand to visit friends (I used to live in Scotland ) so I'm pretty sure I could also help out then with the setting up, etc.

I look forward to meeting you all (it will be my first Proz conference)!

Cheers!
Collapse

Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart
Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
Thank you for your support & offers to help! May 31, 2006

The beauty of Edinburgh is that as a city it’s very compact with almost all main attractions located within walking distance from the centre. The advantage of a central venue location means that you won't have to rely on taxis - you can explore the city on foot, as long as you wrap up warm

More info on hotels etc to follow - please bear with us while we are finalising the venue!

Thanks
Katharina

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:45
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Conference centre and hotel rooms in one building would be nice May 31, 2006

I, too, find it rather disappointing that hotel rooms are not available at the conference centre. I would prefer a venue where everything is together. Are you sure that cannot be arranged?

Astrid

Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart
Katharina Wawrzon-Stewart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
I agree with you, Astrid... May 31, 2006

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

I, too, find it rather disappointing that hotel rooms are not available at the conference centre. I would prefer a venue where everything is together. Are you sure that cannot be arranged?

Astrid

... this would be definitely our preferred option. But as per Rebekka's previous posts, we had a very tough time finding a venue - most places were either booked up, too expensive or not suitable, securing a conference venue has to be therefore our top priority for now. If there is a way to secure affordable rooms at the King James, rest assured that we will, but I wouldn't want to promise anything at this stage.

Thanks for your input
Katharina

Jessica Spengler
Jessica Spengler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
Sounds good May 31, 2006

That sounds fine to me as well. The price is reasonable (for the UK), and the location is ideal. I'd say go for it.

And thank you for all your hard work!

Jessica

marie-christine périé
marie-christine périé  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:45
English to French
+ ...
fine here too Jun 1, 2006

Hi all!

The rate seems reasonable, if not cheap, as Alicja said.

Personnally, I don't mind at all if the hotel rooms and the conference are not in the same place, as long as they are at walking distance. It will be an opportunity to get some fresh air and a feel of Edimburgh!

Thanks for all your work, and I look forward to meeting you all.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:45
SITE FOUNDER
Venue booked Jun 7, 2006

Thanks, organizers, for finding this place, and thank you members for ok-ing it. Looks like a great place.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edinburgh Conference - 'Survey' on suggested venue and pricing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »