Are you ready for the future of translation?
Thread poster: Lucy Brooks (X)
Lucy Brooks (X)
Lucy Brooks (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:14
Nov 12, 2015

Are we taking the right attitude to the future?
There are three keys to managing what lies ahead. The first is being in possession of knowledge. Do we have enough information to know what changes are happening and how it may impact us?
Next is curiosity. It's natural to view change as inherently negative. But knowing what is happening can help us become more creative in using it to our advantage.
Lastly, what are the benefits to us? Change brings benefits to those know what is
... See more
Are we taking the right attitude to the future?
There are three keys to managing what lies ahead. The first is being in possession of knowledge. Do we have enough information to know what changes are happening and how it may impact us?
Next is curiosity. It's natural to view change as inherently negative. But knowing what is happening can help us become more creative in using it to our advantage.
Lastly, what are the benefits to us? Change brings benefits to those know what is coming and are prepared for it.
On that note, may I introduce to you a course led by Christelle Maignan, hosted by eCPD Webinars, the Future-Proof Translator, starting on 1st December. The course covers all these points and more. Christelle’s aim is to raise awareness about our industry’s new working practices and business models. She has done the research to enable you to position yourself for success on the translation market, whether or not you choose to embrace the latest technology.
Curious? Someone who attended a recent talk by Christelle Maignan commented: "My first instinct is to be change-averse and I wasn’t sure I was going to like what I heard. But I’ve come to recognise that if change is coming, better the devil you know than the one you don’t after all. Listening to Christelle’s vivacious and humorous delivery was more inspiring and more efficient than trawling the literature and reading one doomsday article after another. If we must prepare for change, there are worse ways of doing so than working with the Future-Proof Translator."
And another attendee said: "Christelle’s thought-provoking presentation on the Future-Proof Translator in Oslo indicates that this will be a highly relevant, well-informed and valuable course."
Find out more here.
https://www.ecpdwebinars.co.uk/downloads/the-future-proof-translator/
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are you ready for the future of translation?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »