LuciaC
LuciaC
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:41
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 3, 2014

Dear Colleagues

I would like to inform you of an upcoming training programme I recently heard about.

The University of Geneva, Faculty of Translation and Interpreting, will be holding a "Finance for Translators" course.
It will be held in English and will run for 10 full days from October 2014 to February 2015 for a total of 65 hours. The course will be given on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. with a 1 hour break for lunch (from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.).

... See more
Dear Colleagues

I would like to inform you of an upcoming training programme I recently heard about.

The University of Geneva, Faculty of Translation and Interpreting, will be holding a "Finance for Translators" course.
It will be held in English and will run for 10 full days from October 2014 to February 2015 for a total of 65 hours. The course will be given on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. with a 1 hour break for lunch (from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.).

While the class is ideally suited for practising translators, it is open to everyone having English in their combination (with a limit of 25 participants), including students. There is a 50% discount for students and also a 20% discount for members of translator associations (although you may want to check this detail). Participants can either take single modules (a module is 2 days) or the whole 10 day class (which will be cheaper) and will receive a certificate from the University of Geneva.
Here is a link to the brochure:

http://www.unige.ch/formcont/financefortranslators/financefortranslators.pdf

The course will cover all essential aspects of finance. I had the opportunity to meet the tutor in 2011 at the Summer University for Financial Translators in Spiez (Switzerland) and highly recommend him. He is an expert in the financial sector but has the ability to explain complex concepts in a very clear way (without any mathematics etc.). You can find his bio on the course brochure.
Collapse

Claudio LR
Claudio LR
Local time: 12:41
English to Italian
+ ...
Small mistake in the brochure Jul 8, 2014

Hello Lucia, thank you for mentioning this course here on proz.com. Please note that I spotted a small mistake in the online brochure: the afternoon sessions start at 2pm (as you correctly mentioned), not 3pm. I informed FTI about this mistake, I hope they will correct it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Course "Finance for Translators" at the University of Geneva

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »