Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 14:33
Membru (2002)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Dec 19, 2015

This is an urgent issue. My colleague is working in a 35.000 words file using Wordfast Anywhere. Her translation should have been delivered yesterday. She says, nevertheless, that the server has bugs, and errors, and that the translated segments do not match with the source segments, and that she has to retranslate everything.
At 4 am today, the server was down.
Yesterday, because of the bugs, she could not save her work, the display freezed and because of that, she reiniciated her
... See more
This is an urgent issue. My colleague is working in a 35.000 words file using Wordfast Anywhere. Her translation should have been delivered yesterday. She says, nevertheless, that the server has bugs, and errors, and that the translated segments do not match with the source segments, and that she has to retranslate everything.
At 4 am today, the server was down.
Yesterday, because of the bugs, she could not save her work, the display freezed and because of that, she reiniciated her computer. Wrong decision, her job was lost.

Any way to solve this issue? She says that all the translation memory is wrong, or lost. She is almost retranslating everything, but she has no time for retranslating 35.000 words right now.

Thanks

Clarisa
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:33
din finlandeză în franceză
Contact support? Dec 19, 2015

There’s an option to contact support, under Help > Support/Report:

Has she done that?

Otherwise the right place to post questions about Anywhere is the dedicated mailing list.

Clarisa Moraña
Statele Unite
Membru (2002)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
I did! Dec 19, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

There’s an option to contact support, under Help > Support/Report:

Has she done that?

I did. She is quite nervous right now. And I'm starting to get nervous too!

Otherwise the right place to post questions about Anywhere is the dedicated mailing list.

I will do that right now.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:33
din finlandeză în franceză
Direct e-mail Dec 19, 2015

You may also try to e-mail directly to support.anywhere(at)wordfast.net, but I’m afraid this may be a case of Murphy’s law (problem occurs in a weekend, just before Christmas).

Clarisa Moraña
Statele Unite
Membru (2002)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Murphys is always right! Dec 19, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

You may also try to e-mail directly to support.anywhere(at)wordfast.net, but I’m afraid this may be a case of Murphy’s law (problem occurs in a weekend, just before Christmas).

Thanks for the link. I've just resent them my email. I've sent a twit, written at the dedicated site. I wish someone could help us... ASAP.

Clarisa

Clarisa Moraña
Statele Unite
Membru (2002)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
A big thank you to the Wordfast supporting team! Dec 20, 2015

I did receive a great support service from Wordfast. They were really responsive.
I don't know what happened. I have worked with this online tool for years and I never had a complain. In my opinion, every CAT tool has a double backup for the translations: the one in the translation memory, and the bilingual file itself. If there is a bug in the system, I believe that the lost translation would be the one of the last day of work, not the whole two weeks work.
Perphaps my colleague om
... See more
I did receive a great support service from Wordfast. They were really responsive.
I don't know what happened. I have worked with this online tool for years and I never had a complain. In my opinion, every CAT tool has a double backup for the translations: the one in the translation memory, and the bilingual file itself. If there is a bug in the system, I believe that the lost translation would be the one of the last day of work, not the whole two weeks work.
Perphaps my colleague omitted an important step, such as the one of linking the translation memory to the file. A single missing step might have been the difference in this great nightmare. We solved it: retranslating the whole thing!

I appreciate your support!

Clarisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere misaligned TM _URGENT ISSUE

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »