Autor de la hebra: Emma Drew
Emma Drew
Emma Drew  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 19:34
italiano al inglés
+ ...
Dec 4, 2015

I'm trying to install Wordfast on a Mac running El Captain. I've followed all the steps as instructed, enabled macros and saved the Wordfast.dot template to my home folder, but when I open Word (Office 2016), there's no WF icon or toolbar. I'd be really grateful to anyone who's had the same problem and can help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
finlandés al francés
Wordfast Classic is not compatible with Word 2016 for Mac Dec 4, 2015

If you wish to use Wordfast Classic on a Mac, you will have to find a copy of Office 2011 and stick to it. Wordfast Classic is not compatible with Word 2016, due to a change made by Microsoft to its implementation of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) in that version of Office.

Emma Drew
Emma Drew  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 19:34
italiano al inglés
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thank you Dominique Dec 5, 2015

Oh no, that is bad news, but thank you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems installing Wordfast on Mac

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »