Thread poster: Alvaro Aliaga
Alvaro Aliaga
Alvaro Aliaga  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2015

Hello everybody. I use Wordfast Pro 3 (v. 3.4.5) and have three *.txml files that I need to deliver to a client as *.sdlxliff files. Any suggestions? Nothing I've tried has worked so far and I REALLY need to deliver these files pronto!
Help is much appreciated.

Al

I ended up figuring this out on my own. Since I had finished translating using Wordfast Pro 3, all I had was TXML files. I also had the monolingual SDLXLIFF files the client sent (which I could not open
... See more
Hello everybody. I use Wordfast Pro 3 (v. 3.4.5) and have three *.txml files that I need to deliver to a client as *.sdlxliff files. Any suggestions? Nothing I've tried has worked so far and I REALLY need to deliver these files pronto!
Help is much appreciated.

Al

I ended up figuring this out on my own. Since I had finished translating using Wordfast Pro 3, all I had was TXML files. I also had the monolingual SDLXLIFF files the client sent (which I could not open with Wordfast). I read in these forums that memoQ handles SDLXLIFF files well so I created a mock project and imported the SDLXLIFF files and their corresponding TXML files. I created a mock TM for this project and started "filling it" with the finished TU's from the TXML's. Once I confirmed all these segments, the TM had all the information I needed. Later, I opened the SDLXLIFF files (in Spanish) and inserted all the "hits" from the TM. It needed some editing here and there, but I got it done. Once again, I confirmed all the segments and exported these as SDLXLIFF files ready to be delivered to the client.

[Edited at 2015-12-03 15:35 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TXML to SDLXLIFF

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »