Was that a WFP4 update?
Thread poster: JohnWhi
JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:54
French to English
Dec 1, 2015

Today and a few weeks ago, on launching WordFast Pro 4 for Mac, I have had the alert that a new version is available. I clicked the download button and some time later was greeted by the well-known and delightfully vague Java alert "IO exception occurred". I still seem to be on Version 4.5.0 Build ID 20150916-0648 and the application file was last modified on the 16th September. The "new version" alert no longer appears and the "Wordfast 4 update" button invariably leads to the same 31 spellchec... See more
Today and a few weeks ago, on launching WordFast Pro 4 for Mac, I have had the alert that a new version is available. I clicked the download button and some time later was greeted by the well-known and delightfully vague Java alert "IO exception occurred". I still seem to be on Version 4.5.0 Build ID 20150916-0648 and the application file was last modified on the 16th September. The "new version" alert no longer appears and the "Wordfast 4 update" button invariably leads to the same 31 spellcheck.hunspell items at Version 1.0.0. Am I right in thinking that the "new version" alert was an error? If I am wrong and there really is a new version, is there another way of obtaining it?Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:54
Member (2006)
French to English
No need to update Dec 1, 2015

Hi John,

The latest update did not have very many relevant fixes for the translator (as far as I could tell). The next one will, including several Mac fixes.
I think there is a problem specifically with the Mac auto-update feature. I will send a new link to everyone who dowloaded Wordfast Pro 4 from www.wordfast.com/wfp4 as soon as the next version is released.

Kind regards,<
... See more
Hi John,

The latest update did not have very many relevant fixes for the translator (as far as I could tell). The next one will, including several Mac fixes.
I think there is a problem specifically with the Mac auto-update feature. I will send a new link to everyone who dowloaded Wordfast Pro 4 from www.wordfast.com/wfp4 as soon as the next version is released.

Kind regards,
John
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:54
Member (2006)
French to English
What OS X version? Dec 2, 2015

BTW, what OS X version are you using? The developers are investigating…

Thanks!

JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:54
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Dec 2, 2015

Many thanks for the clarification, John. This is OS X El Capitan 10.11.1. I also have WFP4 on the Windows 10 partition of my ancient iMac, and the update there was faultless. On the Mac side, if memory serves me correctly, I have rarely used the in-program update, tending simply to download the latest version when I heard about it. When Wordfast Pro 4 is released, I will go back to doing that. In the interim, a link to download the next significant version would be extremely kind.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Was that a WFP4 update?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »