Thread poster: halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:37
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 11, 2015

Is there any resource or video showing how to do a proper QA in Wordfast and how to work on the warnings of QA?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:37
Finnish to French
QA = Transcheck Nov 11, 2015

QA in Wordfast Pro is called Transcheck. You can configure it under Edit > Preferences > Transcheck.

If you tick Transcheck during translation, QA will take place for the selected items as you translate. You can also do it afterwards in the PM perspective (switch to it via the little icons on the edge of the left side). In the PM perspective, you will find a tab for Transcheck. You can QA multiple documents under multiple glossaries (for terminology).

halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:37
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I started reading a manual Nov 12, 2015

I had some users manual for wordfast and at the end, after finishing the project, i am now reading the manual.

The thing is, I worked on an exported QA report in a proofreading assignment in the past and since then, i was interested in wordfast very much. Some innovation unmatched were available there. I hope in time wordfast will become more intuitive in its menus. This is not something just i say, I have been hearing from many people the same wish.

Because i have bee
... See more
I had some users manual for wordfast and at the end, after finishing the project, i am now reading the manual.

The thing is, I worked on an exported QA report in a proofreading assignment in the past and since then, i was interested in wordfast very much. Some innovation unmatched were available there. I hope in time wordfast will become more intuitive in its menus. This is not something just i say, I have been hearing from many people the same wish.

Because i have been asking questions when i was working on a deadline, there have been some bullies shamelessly attempting to disrespect me via private messages. I am 30 yo and i can see some underdeveloped minds still attempt at later ages to bully. I guess that person is too ashamed to answer some questions very much needed instead of blaming me for unpoliteness and more while i was working on a deadline. I write this comment to the only "unreasonable" post while the others stay as strong. In memoq, you just go right at it and no youtube videos are required for it (i just learned it within the last 3 months) and this does not mean that i have any ranting from it, it means wordfast could be more intuitive in the menu structures, you never read apple products' user manuals.
Obviously this bully has other issues but i still do not care, I forgive him, I won't disclose any names publicly as of now.

Peace!

(Thank you Dominique Pivard for your answers that saved me quite some time at the time of struggle)
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:37
French to English
Ahh the joys of learning a new cat tool on a deadline! Nov 12, 2015

Wordfast has always been my main CAT tool, so it all feels quite intuitive to me but I feel your pain, I have used other tools on occasion (including MemoQ in its early days!) and always found that it was a huge struggle to learn new shortcuts and methods, to do basically the same thing.

I find the world of CAT tools fascinating and would love to master more than one, but the reality is that I just don't have time! I
... See more
Wordfast has always been my main CAT tool, so it all feels quite intuitive to me but I feel your pain, I have used other tools on occasion (including MemoQ in its early days!) and always found that it was a huge struggle to learn new shortcuts and methods, to do basically the same thing.

I find the world of CAT tools fascinating and would love to master more than one, but the reality is that I just don't have time! I hate being on a deadline and fiddling with software, it just isn't worth it for me, so I just don't accept jobs that I can't do in Wordfast these days.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to do QA?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »