Thread poster: Claire Cox
Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:31
French to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2014

Further to my query yesterday about the companions wanting to be saved (twice) when I open them, I've now found that when cleaning up my document, it prompts me to save the file twice before cleaning starts. I've already saved the file to my clean folder, but it prompts me once after I click clean up and then again immediately afterwards. Is this something specific to the commands in Word 2013 and is there some way I can turn this off? I can't see any particular "Save" commands that might cause ... See more
Further to my query yesterday about the companions wanting to be saved (twice) when I open them, I've now found that when cleaning up my document, it prompts me to save the file twice before cleaning starts. I've already saved the file to my clean folder, but it prompts me once after I click clean up and then again immediately afterwards. Is this something specific to the commands in Word 2013 and is there some way I can turn this off? I can't see any particular "Save" commands that might cause this under Options, but it is really quite irritating.

I'd be very grateful for any guidance as ever.

Many thanks
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:31
Spanish to French
+ ...
Wordfast.dot Feb 20, 2014

Hello Claire,

I also have the "double saving" problem. However, the second saving "offer" is about Wordfast.dot which should never be saved. And I doubt it can be unticked somewhere. It doesn't happen before the cleaning process though and it's something quite recent. Never went through that before 6.03.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excessive saving in Wordfast Classic 6.07x with Word 2013

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »