Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Off topic: What UK magazine would you recommend for a subscription?
Thread poster: Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:06
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Oct 21, 2009

Thanks a million for the new advice on Prospect and LRB! They also look like very sound options for my case. Just let me see how I fare with The Spectator and the Weekly Telegraph. I am bound to revisit this forum in the future to recall this great advice.

I thank you sincerely for all great ideas. My expectations about posting this have been greatly exceeded!

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:06
French to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2009

[Edited at 2009-10-21 21:14 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:06
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Weekly Telegraph Nov 5, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:
Both the Telegraph (about £110 for an annual subscription) and the Guardian (about £140) do weekly airmail editions. The Telegraph Weekly incorporates articles from the Sunday Telegraph and the Guardian/Observer includes sections from the Washington Post and Le Monde's English-language edition.

My first issue of the Weekly Telegraph arrived today. And yes, this is something that will be tremendously handy! Thank you so much for this recommendation! Smashing. Nice, handy format, colour, ads, the works!

I will try to do a crossword in English for the first time in my life. It will certainly be a mess!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

What UK magazine would you recommend for a subscription?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »