De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Luis Quirindongo
catt
catt  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
Engels naar Italiaans
Availability for testing May 18, 2005

Luis Jose Quirindongo wrote:

Hello to everyone,

I decided to post this because I have noticed that many translators hate working in Trados TagEditor, mostly due to how restrictive it can be on working with external tags (and how it tends to botch conversions for certain files).

I developed an application which converts TTX files into MS Word (*.DOC) format, and later exports them back to TTX, to deal with this problem. The app is really past the beta phase by now, but I would like to ask if some of you would like to beta test the application. (I need to perform this test to see how it behaves in other versions of Trados/MS Word/Windows, so I can add some new features to it later.)

If you like the program, you can keep it and use it, and you would also have free access to any updates. Current features include importing TTX files into Word and exporting to TTX, and batch conversion from TTX to DOC and DOC/RTF to TTX. (There is also a bonus feature, the TWB button, which lets you start Workbench from Word if it is not currently running without going to Start>Programs>Trados, etc.) The program adds a four-button toolbar to Word.

Before i post the details on how to use the programs and current/future features, etc. I would like to know if some of you are willing to participate in the beta test, and I'd also like to know if you think there is room in the market for an app like this. One note: you do not need TagEditor or Trados installed to run the app but, of course, you would need it to pass through the segments in Word and also for the TWB button to work.

Awaiting your replies,
Luis Quirindongo

Dear Luis,
I would be very glad to test your product and send you the most detailed feedback.
Thanks and best regards
Enrico Bruscagin
Viale Resegone 9
20020 Arese (MI) - Italy

Arkady Vysotsky
Arkady Vysotsky  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
Engels naar Oekraïens
+ ...
Look at this May 20, 2005

Hello Luis,

Some time ago I developed a similar application which can convert, among other things, TTX files into segmented DOC files and back. It does not need Trados, too. Please take note of www.geocities.com/avvysotsky/PlusToyz.zip. I hope you'll find some ideas or approaches in this program useful when developing the new versions of your converter.

Best regards,
Arkady Vysotsky

Luis Jose Quirindongo wrote:

Hello to everyone,

I decided to post this because I have noticed that many translators hate working in Trados TagEditor, mostly due to how restrictive it can be on working with external tags (and how it tends to botch conversions for certain files).

I developed an application which converts TTX files into MS Word (*.DOC) format, and later exports them back to TTX, to deal with this problem.

Luis Quirindongo
Luis Quirindongo  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 13:34
Lid 2014
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
DOWNLOAD LINK for TTX Converter May 20, 2005

(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/files/Utilities/Utilities%20from%20Users/)

Hello to everyone,

I apologise, first of all, for the long delay in getting this application to you. Shortly after I made my initial post I received a large web design project that has kept me too busy to finish the package to send, until thi
... See more
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/files/Utilities/Utilities%20from%20Users/)

Hello to everyone,

I apologise, first of all, for the long delay in getting this application to you. Shortly after I made my initial post I received a large web design project that has kept me too busy to finish the package to send, until this week.

To download the app, please go to the User Utilities section in the TW_users group in Yahoo! Groups:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/files/Utilities/Utilities%20from%20Users/

and look for a file named TTX Converter.zip. Please let me know if for some reason you can't download it from there.

You may be requested to join the group, though I doubt it. I would recommend it, though, since their mailing list deals with hundreds of common Trados/Word problems and how to solve them.

[By the way, Arkady, I downloaded your application this morning. I will try it out during the following days. Thanks!]

Luis
Collapse

Alekos Psimikakis
Alekos Psimikakis  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
Engels naar Grieks
+ ...
About TTX 2 RTF conversion and TagEditor vs Word Jul 23, 2006

Hi to everyone,

First, I wonder why all this fuss about TTX to RTF/Word conversion ...

Has anyone of you tried to copy the contents of a TTX ffile (Ctl+A) and paste them into Word?

Wow! I can now have an RTF file, a DOC file, an HTML file, ... You name it!!!

Second, I don't believe anyone who is telling that it is better, faster, more comfortable, etc. to translate with TagEditor than with Word! (Except of course if one has kind maso
... See more
Hi to everyone,

First, I wonder why all this fuss about TTX to RTF/Word conversion ...

Has anyone of you tried to copy the contents of a TTX ffile (Ctl+A) and paste them into Word?

Wow! I can now have an RTF file, a DOC file, an HTML file, ... You name it!!!

Second, I don't believe anyone who is telling that it is better, faster, more comfortable, etc. to translate with TagEditor than with Word! (Except of course if one has kind maso tendencies!)

Tag safety? Why, what do you have to fear if you mark all tagged text as hidden? Maybe it isn't _as_ safe as in TagEditor, but the trade-off in using Word is out of question! (Not that I consider Word that an intelligent S/W, but TagEditor/Workbench, oh boy, I've better change job!

Hope this helps!

Alekos Psimikakis
Collapse

Pagina's in het onderwerp:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX to Word Converter: requesting beta testers

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »