Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
Stati Uniti
Local time: 07:28
Membro (2004)
Da Inglese a Svedese
Jul 20, 2004

Hi!

I received some documents for translation that are in FrameMaker format. I looked in Trados support and it says that I should use the S-tagger. What is that and how do I do that? I have Trados Freelance 6.5. Thanks in advance!

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Cile
Local time: 09:28
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
You need to conver to .mif Jul 20, 2004

Terese Whitty wrote:

Hi!

I received some documents for translation that are in FrameMaker format. I looked in Trados support and it says that I should use the S-tagger. What is that and how do I do that? I have Trados Freelance 6.5. Thanks in advance!

Hi terese:
First, the .fm files have to be converted to .mif format, making sure to clear al Change bars, update crossreferences and clear Hyphenation.

The, the .mif files must be converted to tagged .rtf format with S-tagger- It is relativly simple to do. Just follow the instructions in your user manual.

After clean up, just convert the files back to .mif and then to .fm

HIH

Ricardo

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 15:28
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
S-Tagger is not included ... Jul 21, 2004

... with Freelance versions of Trados. You will need the full version.
-Mike-
Ups! That seems to be the case for version 5.5 (old toy), but I *do* have S-Tagger for FrameMaker under 6.5_FL (new toy))

[Edited at 2004-07-21 19:57]

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:28
Da Tedesco a Croato
+ ...
Check "Howtos" under "Community" Jul 21, 2004

http://www.proz.com/howto/45

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker format to Trados format?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »