Spain
Local time: 11:35
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2023

Hi guys,

Hope you're doing fine!

I am addressing you as I am fed up seeing the terrible translations on you tube.

I have suscribed to YouTube Premium, but whenever I try to download a song to subtitle it, the song is not downloaded and therefore I cannot subtitle it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Natalia

Miray Bilgin
Anderzon Manrique

Holger Laux
Holger Laux  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:35
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Why download? Oct 22, 2023

Use something like Audacity to make an old-fashioned audio recording.

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try this... Oct 22, 2023

https://www.y2mate.com/en865
It's also available as a Chrome extension.

HTH
JL

Natalia Pedrosa
Natalia Pedrosa
Spain
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Jennifer Oct 22, 2023

Thanks for your reply, but the site you've shown me is suspicious.

Regards,
Natalia

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
@Natalia Oct 22, 2023

Natalia Pedrosa wrote:

Thanks for your reply, but the site you've shown me is suspicious.

I've used it frequently over the past several years and never had any problems with it.
And rest assured that if I'd found it 'suspicious' in any way whatsoever, I'd never have recommended it
JL

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
y2mate.com Oct 22, 2023

I confirm that y2mate.com is not suspicious -- I have used it for many years. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. If your browser warns you about the site, it is because your browser is paranoid and uses the "better safe than sorry" approach to the internet. I've also used WinX YouTube Downloader for a number of years.

Are you sure that you would be able to upload the subtitles after
... See more
I confirm that y2mate.com is not suspicious -- I have used it for many years. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. If your browser warns you about the site, it is because your browser is paranoid and uses the "better safe than sorry" approach to the internet. I've also used WinX YouTube Downloader for a number of years.

Are you sure that you would be able to upload the subtitles after you've created the subtitles?
Collapse

Jennifer Levey

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:35
English to French
+ ...
Not made for this. NewPipe as a solution? Oct 29, 2023

Natalia Pedrosa wrote:

Hi guys,

I have subscribed to YouTube Premium, but whenever I try to download a song to subtitle it, the song is not downloaded and therefore I cannot subtitle it.

Kind regards,
Natalia

YouTube Premium is not meant to be used that way. It works a bit like if you download a movie to watch it offline (from the likes of Prime Video, Disney+ etc.) you can't pull the file from a "download" section.

Y2mate has a lot of horrible pop-ups, you need to have your browser well configured to deal with this.

NewPipe is an open source Android app that allows you the real off-line experience: download onto your device a file you can read in any other app. To download it safely, install F-Droid and then download it. If you know how to you can also directly get the apk package. NewPipe also allows watching without ads and has a direct feed from SoundCloud.

F-Droid is an alternate app store, designed for open-source non-Google apps. To get it on your device, you may need to tweak a few settings (like disabling Play Protect for the time of the operation etc.).

I'm planning to make a video about this, because I have to say that the app is very good.

Hope this helps!

Satan Clause (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

YouTube subtitling

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »