OCR to SDL TM or TMX file
Thread poster: Bishoy Salib
Bishoy Salib
Bishoy Salib
Egypt
Aug 28, 2021

Greetings, dear colleagues.
1) How can I convert any paper dictionary (in my case a Spanish/Arabic) into a (translation memory / termbase) for the use of SDL Trados 2019 or a TMX file?
2) Is there any program to organize automatically the output of OCR into (bilingual columns) 2 columns each for a different language in Microsoft Excel?
3) Could anyone explain to me how can I have an autofiller of the cells with excel by using my voice or a program?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:26
English to Russian
Heartsome TMX Editor Aug 28, 2021

If you already have a bilingual table, Heartsome TMX Editor can convert it into a tmx file.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/15tz6sdr1ibp6s7/AADNAUCxKleoM1IZVqGbrUOga
If you don't have Java installed on your PC, choose one with _JRE ending.
All you need is to add column headers with language codes as a first line of your bilingual table.

Yaotl Altan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OCR to SDL TM or TMX file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »