Bárbara Hammerle López-Francos
Bárbara Hammerle López-Francos  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:45
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2015

Hi,

I couple of years ago I bought a license for Studio 2011, which came along with an extra license. So I installed both in 2 different computers. Now I have to deinstall the extra license in order to install it in another computer. Therefore I was looking for instructions at the sdl website, but I, unfortunately, I was not successful, since there was no specific video for deactivation of Studio 2011.
Since, both the license and the extra license have the same license number,
... See more
Hi,

I couple of years ago I bought a license for Studio 2011, which came along with an extra license. So I installed both in 2 different computers. Now I have to deinstall the extra license in order to install it in another computer. Therefore I was looking for instructions at the sdl website, but I, unfortunately, I was not successful, since there was no specific video for deactivation of Studio 2011.
Since, both the license and the extra license have the same license number, I am wondering wether both are automatically deactivated, if I perform the deactivation process. As I said before, I only want to deactivate one of them, in order to reinstall it in another computer.

Thousand thanks in advance!
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Return license returns just one license Feb 25, 2015

Return the license from the computer you don't want Studio on any more.

The other license will remain in use on the other computer.

Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks, Emma Feb 25, 2015

Thank you very much for your recommendation. It is good to know that I can do that!
The problem is, that about a year ago or so, I found plenty of videos in the web with information on how to deactivate Studio 2011. However now, I cannot find this information any more. Now they only show videos about Studio 2014...

claude-andrew
claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Trados Studio help Feb 25, 2015

Go to:

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL_Trados_Studio_2011/client_en/SDL_Trados_Studio_Help.htm

You'll find the information you need.

Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Claude-Andrew! Feb 25, 2015

Thank you for this information. In the link you gave me, I found the steps how to deactivate the license. Now the only question that remains is, wether it only deactivates the license I want to deactivate. The thing is that I have a Single-User License with an extra license for a second computer. Both have the same activation code. I only want to deactivate ONE, if accidentally both will be deactivated, I will have a big problem, since I am running a large project with the license of the other c... See more
Thank you for this information. In the link you gave me, I found the steps how to deactivate the license. Now the only question that remains is, wether it only deactivates the license I want to deactivate. The thing is that I have a Single-User License with an extra license for a second computer. Both have the same activation code. I only want to deactivate ONE, if accidentally both will be deactivated, I will have a big problem, since I am running a large project with the license of the other computer that I do not want to deactivate now. That is my concern….Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deactivate a license of Studio 2011

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »