Tool/app to scrape names & emails from Gmail folder and check against the scammers list for matches?
Thread poster: ITL Translation
ITL Translation
ITL Translation
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:59
Aug 12, 2022

Hola all (especially agency people),
I am a Project Manager.
So, I've recently returned to the industry, and am DELIGHTED to receive 20-30 emails daily, most of which are fake CV's/ghosts.
I've now checked everyone potentially useful I'd saved into MY folder and blocked and reported the rubbish.
This has taken 3 solid days to cross-check about 350 emails.

However, there is another folder, going back years (with many unopened) collected by previous employees -
... See more
Hola all (especially agency people),
I am a Project Manager.
So, I've recently returned to the industry, and am DELIGHTED to receive 20-30 emails daily, most of which are fake CV's/ghosts.
I've now checked everyone potentially useful I'd saved into MY folder and blocked and reported the rubbish.
This has taken 3 solid days to cross-check about 350 emails.

However, there is another folder, going back years (with many unopened) collected by previous employees - and I'd rather everyone we use is checked by me. There are 1300 of them...

Is there a way of scraping the name and email data from all these and somehow running a check against the Scammers List?
it would only be a first pass, obvs I'll cross-check after that.

Have any of you found such a tool?

Have a good weekend!
J
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:59
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
hmm Aug 14, 2022

Not sure exactly how to do it but I suspect it can be done with:

https://www.ronsplace.eu/Products/RonsDataGear

Just ask Ron (the developer). He is extremely responsive and helpful.

ITL Translation

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool/app to scrape names & emails from Gmail folder and check against the scammers list for matches?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »