Thread poster: Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:49
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
Nov 4, 2014

I wasn´t sure where to post this, but as it made me laugh I thought I would share it.

I have just received this email:

Hello,

Sorry, I am not a native speaker of Spanish, but, nevertheless, I can provide quality translations from English to Spanish.
My minimum rate is 0.06 Euro per source word.

But I prefer to work at 0.8 Euro per source word.
I charge for my services at least 30 Euro per hour.
And my minimum charge per docu
... See more
I wasn´t sure where to post this, but as it made me laugh I thought I would share it.

I have just received this email:

Hello,

Sorry, I am not a native speaker of Spanish, but, nevertheless, I can provide quality translations from English to Spanish.
My minimum rate is 0.06 Euro per source word.

But I prefer to work at 0.8 Euro per source word.
I charge for my services at least 30 Euro per hour.
And my minimum charge per document is 50 Euro.
I have not obtained an official translator / linguist degree, but I still provide high-quality language services.
I have been working as a translator since 2006.
I provide the following services: Proofreading, Interpretation (consecutive), Interpretation (simultaneous), Subtitling, Project Management, Copywriting, Programming, Web-Design, Advertising, Tour Guiding, Market Research, Consulting, Teaching (Language Courses).

By today, I have translated about more than 1,000,000 words.
I use the following tools: SDL Trados, Wordfast, Deja Vu, OmegaT, Passolo, Multicorpora, Across, Alchemy Catalyst, TransSuite2000, Transit, MetaTexis, LingoTek, J-CAT.
I am best in the following fields: Accounting & Auditing, Advertising & Public Relations, Agriculture, Cosmetics / Beauty, Diplomas / Certificates / Etc., Engineering (General), Globalization, Government / Politics, IT / E-Commerce / Internet, Insurance, Journalism, Law (Banking & Financial), Law (General), Law (Contracts), Law (Taxation / Customs), Linguistics, Machinery & Tools, Management, Manufacturing, Marketing / Market Research, Mathematics & Statistics, Media / Multimedia, Medicine (General), Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Science (General), Social Science, Sports / Recreation / Fitness, Telecommunications, Transportation / Shipping, Travel & Tourism.
I am available for work Full week, including weekends.
I can provide you with references on request.

Best Regards,

Amazing!
Collapse

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Rules of successful marketing, no. 1 Nov 4, 2014

Do not use the word "sorry" anywhere in your email, let alone the first word!

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A "humble" scammer Nov 4, 2014

And he/she has spent a fortune in all those CAT tools. I would surmise he/she should raise their rates.

Now, seriously. It does not look like a legit email.

It could also go like this: "I do not speak Spanish, but I can learn it. I can translate and learn at the same time. It is easier that way".

[Edited at 2014-11-04 18:22 GMT]

Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
And his/her expertise! Nov 4, 2014

Expert on everything!

Sarah Lewis-Morgan
Sarah Lewis-Morgan  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
Not just expert on everything Nov 4, 2014

But everything including "Etc."

Nice one.

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 05:49
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
. Nov 4, 2014

A super translator, finally.

I'm jealous

DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 03:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
Some sort of a template Nov 4, 2014

There are several like this on http://www.translationdirectory.com/translators/

Including one Ukrainian->Spanish translator who prefers "to work at 0.30 Euro per source word". Well so do we all!

And the translator from Argentina with a Spanish name who does German->Spanish but isn't a native speaker of Spanish (that's possible I suppose). But he charges at leas
... See more
There are several like this on http://www.translationdirectory.com/translators/

Including one Ukrainian->Spanish translator who prefers "to work at 0.30 Euro per source word". Well so do we all!

And the translator from Argentina with a Spanish name who does German->Spanish but isn't a native speaker of Spanish (that's possible I suppose). But he charges at least 0.11 Euro per source word and at least 5 Euro per hour (which seems to be 45 wds/hr, also possible, but then he's in the wrong business).

One must admire the lady from Pune Area, India with a degree in Psychology who does Japanese->English chemical patents.
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:49
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Fix windows? Nov 4, 2014

This is the kind of guy that will come running to your place to "fix windows"... BOTH on your computer, e.g. corrupted drivers, and to replace a broken glass pane.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Just for a laugh

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »