Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Bugs in the website? (Staff: developers are looking into it)
Thread poster: TargamaT team
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:35
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
reply migration Sep 12, 2023

Andrea Capuselli wrote:

Zea_Mays wrote:

It seems that many consider ChatGPT in Kudoz to be worse than a bug.
99,9% of the time it delivers garbage.
Will Proz take members' comments on its answers seriously?

Hi, Zea,

Thank you for your feedback.

As this thread is related to site bugs, I encourage you to share your comment in the thread dedicated to the ChatGPT update, here:

https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translator_coop/363412-introducing_ai_to_kudoz_human_expertise_and_ai_combined_in_support_of_the_most_helpful_answer.html#3007864

Hi Andrea,
As that thread was changed to "inclusive" (sic!), meaning you can just post two replies, I am going to add the comment here: https://www2.proz.com/forum/kudoz/363307-proz_should_not_incorporate_ai_into_kudoz-page2.html

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
job notification 1 week late Sep 13, 2023

13. Sept: I just received a job notification for a job posted on 6. Sept.
with quoting deadline 7. Sept.

expressisverbis

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 13:35
SITE STAFF
Site staff has already applied changes to solve the issue Sep 14, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

13. Sept: I just received a job notification for a job posted on 6. Sept.
with quoting deadline 7. Sept.

Hi Zea,

Thanks for your message.

Delayed notification was caused by the recent issue with the notification system.

Site staff has already applied changes to solve the issue. However, there can be still singular cases.

If you would like to have the notification checked or your profile notification settings please feel free to submit a support request.

Thanks.

Bests,
Yana

Zea_Mays
expressisverbis

Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
So to resume current developments ... Sep 16, 2023

The website has been 'improved' and now doesn't work anymore.

Kudoz questions are now confidently answered by ChatGPT - causing outrage among translators dutifully ignored by site staff.

I have found at least two double 5-point entries by the same translators in BlueBoard - bug, error? No time to dig deeper into it right now but it smells fishy.

... I can't say I have spent much time on the site lately because the tendency towards ripoff was obvious, but it
... See more
The website has been 'improved' and now doesn't work anymore.

Kudoz questions are now confidently answered by ChatGPT - causing outrage among translators dutifully ignored by site staff.

I have found at least two double 5-point entries by the same translators in BlueBoard - bug, error? No time to dig deeper into it right now but it smells fishy.

... I can't say I have spent much time on the site lately because the tendency towards ripoff was obvious, but it's starting to get silly.

This site has gradually turned its back towards translators' concerns, and I am now actively looking for alternatives. Maybe we translators need a real cooperative, not whatever this site has become ...?

[Edited at 2023-09-16 16:05 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis
Barbara Carrara
Adam Jarczyk
Daryo
ibz

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
19x same message in my inbox Sep 26, 2023

I just received 19 times the same message on a Kudoz comment, 4x sent at 12:15 pm and 15x at 12:16 pm.

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Yet another email on a job published weeks ago Sep 29, 2023

The Proz bounce handler just dropped this job alert this night:

https://www2.proz.com/job/2033272?phpv_redirected=1
published 6 Sep 2023 15:28 CEST (GMT+2) (GMT: 6 Sep 2023 13:28)
This job was closed at 17 Sep 2023 23:15 CEST (GMT+2).

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 13:35
SITE STAFF
Thanks for the response Sep 29, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

The Proz bounce handler just dropped this job alert this night:

https://www2.proz.com/job/2033272?phpv_redirected=1
published 6 Sep 2023 15:28 CEST (GMT+2) (GMT: 6 Sep 2023 13:28)
This job was closed at 17 Sep 2023 23:15 CEST (GMT+2).

Hi Zea,

Thanks for the response.

We are aware of both issues.

As I have mentioned before there can be still singular cases related to email notification issues reported before.

In regards to duplicate messages, this has also been checked with the development team and should be fixed.

Please feel free to submit a support request for specific cases to be checked.

Thanks.

Bests,
Yana

Zea_Mays

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:35
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
... Oct 7, 2023

I've been receiving some questions from Kudoz a month or two late. If before I didn't receive some notifications related to the Terminology Help, now it's much worse.
What's more, lately I've been seeing things that I don't like and that don't fit my professional vision.
Supervision is clearly needed in order to maintain some order on a site like this, but that should be done fairly.
I don't like the way I'm being treated at all, and as I say where I come from, whoever isn't ha
... See more
I've been receiving some questions from Kudoz a month or two late. If before I didn't receive some notifications related to the Terminology Help, now it's much worse.
What's more, lately I've been seeing things that I don't like and that don't fit my professional vision.
Supervision is clearly needed in order to maintain some order on a site like this, but that should be done fairly.
I don't like the way I'm being treated at all, and as I say where I come from, whoever isn't happy should leave.
ProZ is not bringing me any advantages, on the contrary.
By not receiving these notifications, by being compared to a robot and by being prevented from informing colleagues about matters of interest, etc., this can harm our image.
Daily moaning, massive AI discussions, repeated polls, awarding of Kudoz points without waiting at least 24 hours, questions asked every day on the forums like how to get started in translation or more technical questions but without any "thanks"... this has become unbearable.
My membership will end in February 2024 and I'm seriously thinking of not renewing it.

[Edited at 2023-10-07 09:19 GMT]
Collapse

Barbara Carrara

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:35
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
KudoZ notifications Oct 7, 2023

I no longer receive notifications when KudoZ questions I have answered are closed or when my answer receives agrees.

Christel Zipfel
expressisverbis
TargamaT team

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:35
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same Oct 7, 2023

Michele Fauble wrote:

I no longer receive notifications when KudoZ questions I have answered are closed or when my answer receives agrees.

I have exactly the same problem and some questions I don't receive them or if yes, they come very delayed.

TargamaT team

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Sadly, I got used to this situation and don't even be surprised any more Oct 7, 2023

Michele Fauble wrote:

while I didn't request notifications of KudoZ questions or jobs, so I can't tell how it works.

Anyway, this has been going on for too long IMHO.

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
New bug ? Oct 9, 2023

I bookmarked the Proz home page, but I can no longer access the website through that bookmark (error 500). I managed to access the website by performing a Google search on "proz kudoz" (mind you, a search on "proz.com" followed by a click on the search result got me the 500 error again) and from there all functions are still available, apart from the Home button. If I click on it, I receive the error 500 notification. Am I the only one ? Really strange.

[Edited at 2023-10-09 07:27 GMT]

ibz

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Same here Oct 9, 2023

Lieven Malaise wrote:

I bookmarked the Proz home page, but I can no longer access the website through that bookmark (error 500). I managed to access the website by performing a Google search on "proz kudoz" (mind you, a search on "proz.com" followed by a click on the search result got me the 500 error again) and from there all functions are still available, apart from the Home button. If I click on it, I receive the error 500 notification. Am I the only one ? Really strange.

[Edited at 2023-10-09 05:46 GMT]

PS: what the heck is going on with this website ? It only gets worse and at a fast pace. Perhaps it's time for the website management to give some more information, because this can't be coincidence.

[Edited at 2023-10-09 05:51 GMT]

Same here, ProZ website no longer opens, though I can access the forum via a forum post. Very strange. Same on the mobile app.

[Edited at 2023-10-09 06:43 GMT]

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Fixed Oct 9, 2023

The home page problem seems to be fixed.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bugs in the website? (Staff: developers are looking into it)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »