Proz.com is not automatically renewing my membership even if it is on Autopay with PayPal
Thread poster: Kathi Stock
Kathi Stock
Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:53
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 27, 2023

Dear Proz.com
I cannot find any other place to address this topic but my account is set on auto renewal with autopay via PayPal, which successfully went through but my profile is now all of sudden set to "non-paying membership". Please fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Kathi

Eva Stoppa
Eva Stoppa  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:53
English to German
+ ...
Addressing Proz.com team Jun 27, 2023

Not sure if Proz.com staff read the fora, but submitting a Support ticket might lead to a helpful reply from them.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Christine Andersen

Kathi Stock
United States
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did that too. Inefficiency just gets my blood boiling Jun 27, 2023

Eva Stoppa wrote:

Not sure if Proz.com staff read the fora, but submitting a Support ticket might lead to a helpful reply from them.

Christopher Schröder

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:53
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Just happened to me... Jun 27, 2023

It didn't renew automatically, so I renewed manually and I got a blank page at the end. My card was charged. Try and use the chat function. I got a quick response and it was fixed in minutes.

I must say that the website has become very buggy. I don't know what's going on, especially with this www2.Proz appearing as a URL occasionally.

[Edited at 2023-06-27 14:09 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 02:53
SITE STAFF
Checking/fixing Jun 27, 2023

Thanks Kathi and Giovanni for reporting this. Staff is already working on fixing the issue. I appreciate the patience.

Jared

Kathi Stock
United States
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for fixing this! Jun 27, 2023

Jared Tabor wrote:

Thanks Kathi and Giovanni for reporting this. Staff is already working on fixing the issue. I appreciate the patience.

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 02:53
SITE STAFF
Should be back to normal Jun 27, 2023

Thanks again for reporting the issue, and apologies to those who were affected by this. This should be back to working normally now. If anyone else is experiencing issues, please let me know. It is not an excuse, but some behind-the-scenes improvements are being made to the site which are intended to make it more reliable and a bit quicker, and, unfortunately, some things may momentarily be affected in the process.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com is not automatically renewing my membership even if it is on Autopay with PayPal

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »