Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
(Fixed) False Average LWA rating implying linguist leaves a LOT of bad reviews for clients
Thread poster: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:40
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2022

For me Proz and my Proz profile are all about reputation.

Unfortunately the Blue Board is showing a totally false “Average LWA given” score next to my Blue Board entries. It has been doing this for months.

In the Blue Board entry for a satisfied client, like this one: https://www.proz.com/blueboard.php/2253 next to my entry and profile pic you can see: “Average LWA
... See more
For me Proz and my Proz profile are all about reputation.

Unfortunately the Blue Board is showing a totally false “Average LWA given” score next to my Blue Board entries. It has been doing this for months.

In the Blue Board entry for a satisfied client, like this one: https://www.proz.com/blueboard.php/2253 next to my entry and profile pic you can see: “Average LWA given 2.5”.

The 2.5 is RED like it’s a warning, suggesting the linguist leaves a LOT of bad reviews for clients.

This negative rating shown next to ALL my Blue Board entries is totally FALSE. Bad reviews are not my style.

As far as I can remember all the reviews I’ve left on Proz are 5 star, so this value should be a 5.

If a potential client sees this they are much less likely to want to work with me; they don’t want a bad review. If one of my satisfied clients sees this they could think I’m creating problems.

I first reported this problem in support tickets on 17 Sep 2021 and again on 25/2/22 and received the same answer both times “Site developers are looking into the issue”.

Nothing has been done about this damaging issue in over FIVE MONTHS.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem?

Anyone got any suggestions how to deal with it?

I do not want to have to delete all the positive entries I’ve left for many satisfied clients in almost 20 years as a paying Proz member.

[Edited at 2022-03-02 08:50 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jo Mar 2, 2022

Jo Macdonald wrote:
Unfortunately the Blue Board is showing a totally false “Average LWA given” score next to my Blue Board entries.

Where do you see that? Can you give us a screenshot?

Also, AFAIK, no-one who visits your profile page can see which Blue Board entries you made. You can see it, but we can't.

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
On the left under my profile pic Mar 2, 2022

Pretty sure anyone who is logged in can see it.
Click on the link https://www.proz.com/blueboard.php/2253
On the left under my profile pic
Average LWA given: 2.5 (in RED)

Image2

[Edited at 2022-03-02 09:08 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-03-02 09:13 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I see Mar 2, 2022

Jo Macdonald wrote:
Click on the link https://www.proz.com/blueboard.php/2253

I see. When viewing the Blue Board in non-compact view, this information appears.

Are you positive that you have only ever given 5 stars? On your profile page, how many Blue Board entries have you given? And if you click the minus icon, do they all show up with an average that comes up to 5 or close to that?

Capture-1

If so, then I hope your problem is sorted out soon.

Jo Macdonald

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
That sounds pretty inaccurate. Mar 2, 2022

So your average is 2.5 out of all 5s? Sounds like a big miss.

As far as I know, mine is pretty accurate.

Blue Board is translator facing, not client facing. Clients don’t go around checking BB entries on random companies. Personally, I take more seriously a BB entry provided by a translator with a lower average score. I know this does not solve your problem, just sharing my view.

Jo Macdonald

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
102 BB entries Mar 2, 2022

Blue Board feedback left since 2006
one is a three
four are fours
97 are fives
Total 504/102 = 4.9
But the score shows 2.5 (in RED)

Image1

Samuel Murray wrote:

Are you positive that you have only ever given 5 stars?

[Edited at 2022-03-02 09:50 GMT]

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think anyone who is logged in can see this, clients too Mar 2, 2022

You're saying only other translators will see this and not clients?
If a client checks their BB, perhaps to thank someone for an entry, I think they can see this.

Lingua 5B wrote:

Blue Board is translator facing, not client facing. Clients don’t go around checking BB entries on random companies. Personally, I take more seriously a BB entry provided by a translator with a lower average score. I know this does not solve your problem, just sharing my view.

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Yes, and? Mar 2, 2022

Jo Macdonald wrote:

You're saying only other translators will see this and not clients?
If a client checks their BB, perhaps to thank someone for an entry, I think they can see this.

Lingua 5B wrote:

They will see you allegedly left bad reviews for others and five for them, how will this frustrate them?

I am not saying clients can’t see it, but that potential clients won’t be interested in checking your average rating score as a part of research process about you.

The main BB audience are translators. The clients may be checking your WWA on your profile.

[Edited at 2022-03-02 09:51 GMT]

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RED warning, this linguist leaves LOTS of bad reviews Mar 2, 2022

You're saying no potential new clients or my clients will see this or be affected by it?

So if Lingua Pro is leaving LOTS of bad reviews for her clients (warning in RED)
was shown on 102 pages on this web site that would not be bad for her reputation?

Lingua 5B wrote:

They will see you allegedly left bad reviews for others and five for them, how will this frustrate them?

[Edited at 2022-03-02 10:22 GMT]

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Hum. Mar 2, 2022

They need to manually access each BB page in order to see this, those pages won’t just all flash in front of them at once. And believe me, clients don’t access individual BB pages manually, translators do.

[Edited at 2022-03-02 10:48 GMT]

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
A workaround Mar 2, 2022

You might want to make a mention on your profile page that maintaining good relationships with your clients is of utmost importance to you, and you could also add the number of LWA ratings and the actual average.

It looks like a nasty joke. Hopefully, it's not.

Jo Macdonald

Marzena Malakhova
Marzena Malakhova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:40
English to Russian
+ ...
problem solved Mar 2, 2022

Jo, your average BB rating looks pretty accurate right now.

Jo Macdonald

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Send a support ticket Mar 2, 2022

Jo Macdonald wrote:

You're saying no potential new clients or my clients will see this or be affected by it?

So if Lingua Pro is leaving LOTS of bad reviews for her clients (warning in RED)
was shown on 102 pages on this web site that would not be bad for her reputation?

I agree with you Joe, it is a warning RED, perhaps there is a bug somewhere, I suggest you to inform the staff

Ciao!

Jo Macdonald
Yolanda Broad

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed Mar 2, 2022

Looks like the problem has been solved.
Thanks to everyone who helped with this.

Elena Feriani
Angie Garbarino

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Average LWA given: 2.5 (in RED) again Mar 8, 2022

After showing the correct Average LWA given score for one week Proz is once again showing Average LWA given: 2.5 (in RED).

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(Fixed) False Average LWA rating implying linguist leaves a LOT of bad reviews for clients

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »