Difference between full and partial membership?
Thread poster: Danylo Kravchuk
Danylo Kravchuk
Danylo Kravchuk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 20:47
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Sep 14, 2015

I just found that there is an option of partial membership on ProZ. What is the difference between the partial and the full membership? Is there any difference related to an ability of responding to posted jobs on the site?

[Відредаговано 2015-09-14 14:09 GMT]

Serena Basili
Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Difference (as far as I know) Sep 14, 2015

Hi Danylo!
If I am right the difference is that with the partial membership you can decide to which parts of the Proz.com website you want to have full access. For example, if you choose the job partial membership, you will be able to quote for all the jobs, including those restricted only to members, but you don't have full access to other functions or can use them in a limited way (e.g. number of Kudoz questions in a day), I think.

HTH

S.

[Edited at 2015-
... See more
Hi Danylo!
If I am right the difference is that with the partial membership you can decide to which parts of the Proz.com website you want to have full access. For example, if you choose the job partial membership, you will be able to quote for all the jobs, including those restricted only to members, but you don't have full access to other functions or can use them in a limited way (e.g. number of Kudoz questions in a day), I think.

HTH

S.

[Edited at 2015-09-14 14:37 GMT]
Collapse

Danylo Kravchuk
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
partial vs. full membership Sep 14, 2015

Thank you, Serena,
I wonder whether the partial membership is actually enough for work, or it is reasonable to buy the full membership.

Is there anyone who used both membership options and would like to share own thoughts on this?

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Benefits of partial and full memberships Sep 14, 2015

Hi Danylo,

Yes, there is indeed a difference between Partial membership and Full membership.

A partial membership is a type of membership for users who are interested in accessing the member-only functions of only select areas of the site. Two different partial memberships are currently available: Jobs Partial Membership and Community Partial Membership. You can read mor
... See more
Hi Danylo,

Yes, there is indeed a difference between Partial membership and Full membership.

A partial membership is a type of membership for users who are interested in accessing the member-only functions of only select areas of the site. Two different partial memberships are currently available: Jobs Partial Membership and Community Partial Membership. You can read more about these types of memberships here http://www.proz.com/faq/25568#25568 . A full list of benefits pertaining to each of these membership types is available here: http://www.proz.com/membership?sp_submode=partial_membership

On the other hand, a full membership entitles users to full participation in the ProZ.com community. Among the specific benefits of membership are:
- Instant access to the largest global community of online translators via forum posts, job posts, group mails and KudoZ questions.
- Featured or exclusive access to translation clients via the directory, job postings and Blue Board
- Full access to the Blue Board database of translation clients

As Serena points out (thanks, Serena!), only the Jobs Partial membership and Full membership grant users access to unlimited quoting on member-only jobs (unless restricted by poster).

To see the complete list of benefits associated with Full membership, please visit: http://www.proz.com/membership

Hope this explains!

Best regards,
Paula
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
A Question Sep 14, 2015

Dear Paula,

Thank you for the explanation. My question is this. What is the specific advantage to buying a ten-year full membership rather than buying a one-year full membership, on a cost per year basis? Which one would you recommend?

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ten years of membership is considerably cheaper Sep 14, 2015

Dear Atil,

If you compare the prices here http://www.proz.com/membership/?sp_submode=all_options , you'll see that the cost for a ten-year membership period is significantly less than paying for each membership per year. Therefore, the ten-year membership is significantly cheaper per year and would be a worthwhile investment.

Best regards,
Paula

Danylo Kravchuk
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paula, thank you for your comprehensive explenation Sep 15, 2015

Regards, Danylo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difference between full and partial membership?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »