Thread poster: Stephanie Ezrol
Stephanie Ezrol
Stephanie Ezrol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:33
English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2011

This just started yesterday, Wednesday, December 14. More than 1/2 of my email from ProZ is going into to my Spam folder in Verizon Yahoo mail.

Is this happening to others?
Is there anything that ProZ can do to stop Yahoo from doing this?

I have been opening each message and marking it as non-spam. At 0630 Eastern time (US) I had about 15 ProZ messages, jobs, KudoZ and Forums, in Spam.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Issue with delivery to Yahoo accounts Dec 15, 2011

Dear Stephanie,

We have been having difficulties with delivery to Yahoo accounts for some time now. ProZ.com's systems administrator has been working with Yahoo to resolve this problem, but the issue still remains.

If you have a secondary email address from another email provider, you may consider changing this to your primary email address temporarily. You can do so her
... See more
Dear Stephanie,

We have been having difficulties with delivery to Yahoo accounts for some time now. ProZ.com's systems administrator has been working with Yahoo to resolve this problem, but the issue still remains.

If you have a secondary email address from another email provider, you may consider changing this to your primary email address temporarily. You can do so here: http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/contact

Sorry for any inconvenience, and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Michael Grant
Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 04:33
Japanese to English
Add the Proz.com email address to your Contacts...? Dec 16, 2011

I have been opening each message and marking it as non-spam.

Why not just add the Proz.com email address to your Contacts list/Address book?
Or, add that address to your "Safe list" (if there is such a thing in your Verizon Yahoo mail client).

That should allow the mail to go into your Inbox..No?

MLGrant

Stephanie Ezrol
Stephanie Ezrol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:33
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Verizon yahoo started acted even more weird Dec 16, 2011

Many of the emails from proz.com after about 12 noon did not even make it to the Spam folder. But then at 10:30pm about 30 emails made it through, and nothing was dumped in spam.

But I will trying adding each proz.com address to my contact list. Why not?

Michael Grant
Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 04:33
Japanese to English
Truly weird! Dec 16, 2011

But I will trying adding each proz.com address to my contact list. Why not?

Oh, sorry, I was thinking of official Proz.com e-mails, in which case they would be coming from the same e-mail address. I didn't mean to add all Proz.com user e-mails to your address book, sorry!

Maybe you can add just the "proz.com" domain to cover everything?

Are you using just regular Yahoo.com Web-based e-mail? or does Verizon have its own special e-mail client?...

My e-mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) let's me add entire domains (i.e. "*@proz.com") to my safe list so that those mails are never marked as spam....maybe your e-mail client has a way to do that too...?

MLGrant

[Update] I was just reading up on the Verizon E-mail client (here: http://help.yahoo.com/verizon/tutorials/mmail/mm_spamguard3.html) and I see that it doesn't give you a way to set a "safe" list of e-mail addresses unfortunately, . Its "SpamGuard" feature seems to be slow at learning what IS and what IS NOT spam even though you are diligently marking good e-mails as "Not Spam"...
Personally, if it were me, I would use a different e-mail client, the Verizon Web site gives the following list of e-mail clients that are compatible with its e-mail server:

The following POP3 email applications work with the Verizon Yahoo! Mail server:

Microsoft Outlook 2007
Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP) & 2003
Microsoft Outlook 98 and 2000
Microsoft Outlook Express
Microsoft Outlook Express for Macintosh
Eudora 5.1 or higher
IncrediMail build 618 and higher
Microsoft Entourage 2001 and higher

Source: http://help.yahoo.com/verizon/tutorials/mmail/mm_access4.html

Maybe one of those e-mail clients can give you more options for dealing with spam...?

Good luck to you!
MLGrant

[Edited at 2011-12-16 06:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Much of ProZ.com mail going into Verizon Yahoo spam

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »