"Visitors" profile tab: What does "You have been ADDED to the issue watch list" mean?
Thread poster: Peter Nicholson (X)
Peter Nicholson (X)
Peter Nicholson (X)  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:58
Polish to English
May 16, 2011

Here is an excerpt from my list of most recent visitors for today:

Does anyone know what "You have been ADDED to the issue watch list" means?

I recently added the name Dariusz Grabowski to one of my sample translations (no 22).

Carlos Saiz
Carlos Saiz  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:58
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Similar message in my yahoo inbox May 17, 2011

I´ve received the following message in my yahoo inbox:

"XXXXX YYYYYY added your name to the Academia.edu directory of academics"

XXXXX YYYYYY is a Proz.com user.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't know May 17, 2011

... about this but my basic understanding is that when you sign up for sites like proz, you usually tick a box accepting that your data can and will be accessed by people, who, if you are lucky, may be potential clients, and if not, may simply be timewasters, spammers, or worse.
"You pays your money and you takes your chances."

[Edited at 2011-05-17 08:46 GMT]

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English
+ ...
Apparently May 17, 2011

it's some kind of function whereby people can be kept "informed of any changes that are made on any issue that belongs to the class defined." http://www.blu-soft.com:8088/track/WebHelp/Concepts/02ForTeamMembers/configuration/configureNotifications.html

I'm assuming that perhaps this person Dariusz Grabowski wants t
... See more
it's some kind of function whereby people can be kept "informed of any changes that are made on any issue that belongs to the class defined." http://www.blu-soft.com:8088/track/WebHelp/Concepts/02ForTeamMembers/configuration/configureNotifications.html

I'm assuming that perhaps this person Dariusz Grabowski wants to be kept informed of any online mentions of his name? Something like that? Just google "issue watch list" and you'll get more information.
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
'Issue watch list' and the handling of ProZ.com users' data May 17, 2011

Hello all,

Peter Nicholson said:

Does anyone know what "You have been ADDED to the issue watch list" means?

I recently added the name Dariusz Grabowski to one of my sample translations (no 22).

It seems that, as Suzan mentions in her post, an "issue watch list" allows the email tracking of mentions and changes of specific items.

For the case you mention, Peter, it is possible that Dariusz Grabowski was notified via email that his name was mentioned in one of the sample translations in your ProZ.com profile and visited it to see what it was about.

neilmac said:

... my basic understanding is that when you sign up for sites like proz, you usually tick a box accepting that your data can and will be accessed by people, who, if you are lucky, may be potential clients, and if not, may simply be timewasters, spammers, or worse.
"You pays your money and you takes your chances."

You will find more information on how ProZ.com handles users' data here.

Regards,

Lucía

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Visitors" profile tab: What does "You have been ADDED to the issue watch list" mean?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »