Powwow: Leeds - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Leeds - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Michaela Gallo
Michaela Gallo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:07
German to English
+ ...
Leeds Powwow 2 March 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Dear all,

We have a date, but no time nor location. I would love to get involved, and I have quite a few translator friends in and around the Leeds area who might also share an interest. Looking forward to more details.

Best wishes,

Michelle Gallo

Chris Hall
Chris Hall
French to English
+ ...
Dear Michelle Feb 17, 2013

I was waiting to find out the potential interest in the event before taking matters any further. Ideally, I would be wanting at least double figures (at least 10 confirmed attendees) for the event to go ahead.

Regards,

Chris.

Chris Hall
Chris Hall
French to English
+ ...
Full confirmation needed by Monday 25 March Feb 18, 2013

Dear all,

For this event to go ahead, be it at a venue in Leeds city centre or Headingley, I will need a minimum of 10 attendees with full confirmation by Monday 25 March. Then things can move forward from there.

Regards,

Chris.

Chris Hall
Chris Hall
French to English
+ ...
Polite reminder Feb 21, 2013

The deadline for ***confirmed*** attendees is four days from today i.e. Monday 25 February. This event can only happen if enough interest is shown in it for it to go ahead. I have confirmed my attendance; I now need another nine people willing to do the same.

Chris Hall
Chris Hall
French to English
+ ...
*** Event cancelled due to lack of confirmed interest *** Feb 27, 2013

The title says it all really. Two confirmed attendees is not good enough for it to go ahead.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Leeds - United Kingdom

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »