Powwow: New York, New York - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: New York, New York - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Colin Brayton
Colin Brayton  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:02
Arabic to English
+ ...
Powwow Venue? Mar 16, 2004

I agreed to coordinate this ProZ New York powwow, so I suppose the next step is to select a venue. Leave a posting suggesting (a) a part of town you'd prefer to meet (b) whether you'd prefer a bar or pub, or a cafe or restaurant, or some other kind of venue, and (c) what time you'd like to meet. Me: I live in Brooklyn, so I am fond of the East Village in Manhattan, and would prefer an 8:00 evening in a quiet pub or cafe.

Valeria Vitale
Valeria Vitale  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:02
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Powwow Venue? Mar 16, 2004

I live in Murray Hill area, which is close to Grand Central Station. East Village sounds OK for me and 8:00 in the evening is fine. I can be in the East Village even earlier, let's say 7 pm. I agree with a quiet pub or cafe.

gadgetka
gadgetka
United States
English to Slovak
+ ...
Mar 16, 2004

I live in Brooklyn and east Village is fine. Since I have a three- month old baby ( which I will have to take with me),8:00 is late for me. What about 6:00pm, is it too early? A pub or cafe sounds good.

enebada
enebada
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
powwow NYC Mar 17, 2004

Hello everyone, I live in NJ and anywhere in NYC is OK for me. Would you consider meeting at a restaurant instead?
any time is good for me, so 6pm is fine.

enebada
enebada
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
powwow NYC Apr 5, 2004

HI everyone, Is the Pow Wow still on for the 15th? Please notify me of the time and place. See you soon.

Louise Vaux
Louise Vaux  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
Time & Place Apr 6, 2004

Any decisions been made of the above yet??

Colin Brayton
Colin Brayton  Identity Verified
Arabic to English
+ ...
On the dime Apr 6, 2004

Hello, everyone. Forgive my neglect of the Powwow until now, my wife and I have been moving. It seems that the East Village is a good location for most people. I will arrange a venue today and get back to everyone. Looking forward to it!

Valeria Vitale
Valeria Vitale  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:02
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are we still meeting this Thursday? Apr 12, 2004

Louise Vaux
Japanese to English
Location Apr 12, 2004

If we're still thinking of a pub - anyone have any thoughts on either 'St. Dymphna's' or 'Noa' - both rated as being quite quiet & reasonable & both quite convenient (St. Mark's bwn Ave A & 1st)??

mystymy
mystymy
Spanish to English
+ ...
might not make it Apr 14, 2004

I may not be able to make it this week. Keep me posted on where, I'll know for certain tomorrow. Otherwise net time.

agora (X)
agora (X)
English to Russian
+ ...
update pls. anyone? Apr 14, 2004

not quite sure where the gathering is taking place.. is this still on for tomorrow?

Louise Vaux
Japanese to English
Not happening?? Apr 15, 2004

Are we to presume that as no time/location has been set by Colin that the whole thing is cancelled??

Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:02
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
hi, everyone, hi Colin Apr 20, 2004

i am sitting again in my Spanish office. Did you arrange to meet in the end in Manhattan? I had some difficulties with my flight, some rush jobs and finally, i couldn´t make it to call you home. However, i am coming back and hope to keep in contact with you. Next time i will bring less work with me and more time to meet the colleagues. Plz, tell me how it developed in the end!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: New York, New York - United States

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »