Powwow: portland oregon - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: portland oregon - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Stephen Lang
Stephen Lang  Identity Verified
French to English
fun and info in a great city Aug 18, 2003

Hello All:

Since it looks like there is interest and this is a go here are my ideas. I live in Boise, Idaho and go to Portland several times a year.

I will be flying in in the morning so suggest an afternoon or early evening meeting, possibly moving to a restaurant. Possible sites for a meeting:

Cafe at Powell's Technical Bookstore; lots of room and I've never seen it crowded.

I stay at the Mark Spencer hotel a block from Powell's main an
... See more
Hello All:

Since it looks like there is interest and this is a go here are my ideas. I live in Boise, Idaho and go to Portland several times a year.

I will be flying in in the morning so suggest an afternoon or early evening meeting, possibly moving to a restaurant. Possible sites for a meeting:

Cafe at Powell's Technical Bookstore; lots of room and I've never seen it crowded.

I stay at the Mark Spencer hotel a block from Powell's main and it has a rooftop deck they have said could be used without charge for a meeting.

My favorite restuarants in Portland are the Fish Grotto a block from Powells (dinner about $20) and the Thai restaurant Typhoon at 23rd and
NW Everett (~$10-12). Both would need reservations for a group.

If anyone has a Portland home they would like to make available or have problems with parking west of the river and have other ideas please let us know.

Steve
Collapse

Kathy Saranpa
Kathy Saranpa  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:26
Member (2003)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Will be there Sep 8, 2003

Hi Steve and others,

I live in Eugene and would love to get together. Just signed up for this site today.

Kathy

David Boe
David Boe
United States
Local time: 04:26
French to English
Looking forward to it Oct 1, 2003

Hello!

I live in Portland and work for viaLanguage, a translation agency. (I used to do translation work as well, but now do sales.) I've been a member of Proz for about 2 years, and have been really impressed by the people, although I've met only one or two personally. I look forward to meeting more of my colleagues.

Stephen Lang
Stephen Lang  Identity Verified
French to English
OK it's all set Oct 5, 2003

Hello folks:

Since no one has proposed a different scenario, I'm suggesting we go with meeting in the cafe at Powell's Technical bookstore on Saturday the 18th at 4:00. The cafe is to the left after coming in the front door. I've cleared it with them and I have never seen it crowded so there will be room.

For those coming from out of town, it is the technical store at 33 NW Park near Burnside, not the main one, a few blocks towards the river from the main store. I
... See more
Hello folks:

Since no one has proposed a different scenario, I'm suggesting we go with meeting in the cafe at Powell's Technical bookstore on Saturday the 18th at 4:00. The cafe is to the left after coming in the front door. I've cleared it with them and I have never seen it crowded so there will be room.

For those coming from out of town, it is the technical store at 33 NW Park near Burnside, not the main one, a few blocks towards the river from the main store. If any more directions are needed the phone is 800-225-6911.

See you there.

Steve
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: portland oregon - United States

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »