Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >
Powwow: Cairo - Egypt

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Cairo - Egypt".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Hanan Soliman
Hanan Soliman
Egypt
Local time: 12:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
egyptian translators suffering like me!!! Jul 30, 2003

well i hope to make our meeting useful.like finding good chances to cooperate in an inetrnational translating project.for myself i need any inhouse translating job with a price of 3 cents\word
wish u all luck

Nadine Brittan
Nadine Brittan
Local time: 04:12
French to English
+ ...
Working in Paris and soon to be in Egypt! Aug 7, 2003

Hi Everyone! I'm an English mother-tongue translator working in Paris, France. I would like to move to Egypt in the near future and I'm interested in making connections in the translation business there. I would love to attend this meeting with you (although I'll warn you ahead of time, my arabic is shaky...) . I'll be in Cairo on August 28th for a couple of days, then again on September 6th and 7th before i return to Paris. I hope I can attend and have the pleasure of meeting everyone! Salam

esma
esma
Local time: 10:12
Arabic to French
+ ...
MISR OUM EDDOUNIA!!! Aug 7, 2003

My dream is to go and visit Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Assiout, well all what I have seen and discovered in the Egyptian moovies, is there any Egyptian people who would like to have an Algerian girlfriend, my e-mail address is [email protected], I'll be more than glad to meet people so that I won't be alone during my visit to this gorgeous country.

hamuksha (X)
hamuksha (X)
English to Arabic
+ ...
let's set points and conclude to a schedule Aug 12, 2003

1. we the translators care about the cultural commuication and should resist any distortion caused by some through translation. (I once was shocked by machine translation of a BSB-band lyrics on the album cover rendering "The Perfect Fan" as ÇáãÑæÍÉ ÇáãËÇáíÉ!)
2. "i'm not really making money though i'm better than others!!", whoever gives such a statement would be a mouthpiece of the egyptian translators.
3. when we will select what we translate rather than bedding for
... See more
1. we the translators care about the cultural commuication and should resist any distortion caused by some through translation. (I once was shocked by machine translation of a BSB-band lyrics on the album cover rendering "The Perfect Fan" as ÇáãÑæÍÉ ÇáãËÇáíÉ!)
2. "i'm not really making money though i'm better than others!!", whoever gives such a statement would be a mouthpiece of the egyptian translators.
3. when we will select what we translate rather than bedding for assignments???
* NOW i vote for Fri. 29th Aug. PM somehere not far away from Down Town.
Collapse

Mohamed Ghazal
Mohamed Ghazal  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 13:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
So what's the end of that? Aug 12, 2003

k, we heard everybody, now is there gonna be a final time and place, and an agenda?

mnamona
mnamona
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
ok Aug 12, 2003

ok, i guess friday 29August is ok , and as for the place we can meet at pronto but please for those who know the place , pls give a detailed description of how to arrive there and the specific address as there will be some people who would not know the place and iam one of them. Then comes the important thing which is the Agenda and as for my part i suggest that we discuss the differentiation between different types of translation(political, economic,etc)which one is easier and which is much mor... See more
ok, i guess friday 29August is ok , and as for the place we can meet at pronto but please for those who know the place , pls give a detailed description of how to arrive there and the specific address as there will be some people who would not know the place and iam one of them. Then comes the important thing which is the Agenda and as for my part i suggest that we discuss the differentiation between different types of translation(political, economic,etc)which one is easier and which is much more required in the market and where to study it and the translation computer programs and dicitonaries.
till we meet have a nice time and i hope it is succeful meeting.
Collapse

mnamona
mnamona
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
time Aug 12, 2003

we can weet at the time between and 2:00 and 2:30 (so those who would pray can have time)after noon so we can leave early and lets leave the time we'll spend together to conditions

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oops, I'm sorry Aug 14, 2003

I clicked on the wrong button. I didn't intend to sign up.

hamuksha (X)
hamuksha (X)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Go to Trianon! Aug 17, 2003

this is not a commercial, it's just a classy nice place i know (Pronto lam yostadall 3alihi)
here is the menu: http://www.otlob.com/menus/MMenu_493.asp
it's in Gameat Edduwal St.

mnamona
mnamona
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
what is the end Aug 25, 2003

hi every body are there any replies to our msg, so is friday 29 at 2:oo pm ok for every one , and is it trianon or pronto? i wish there will be replies.
if there isn't any reply i guess the powwow should be canceled as it should have five persons at least.
bye

hamuksha (X)
hamuksha (X)
English to Arabic
+ ...
i'll be there! Aug 26, 2003

just do it!
let's do it!
if u don't get what u like, like what u get!
no agenda, no response, no problem! Trianon (in front of Nabila hotel, Zamalek club fence); 29th Aug. Fri 2003 4:00 PM (better be late for heat!!!)
el sokoot 3alamet erreda!!!

AhmedAMS
AhmedAMS  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:12
English to Arabic
+ ...
I will be there as well Aug 26, 2003

I am supporting "hamuksha". 4 PM on Friday at Trianon. I hope that the organizer made his arrangemnt with Proz to verify the identity of the participants.
Please let me know.

Parrot
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
ID Verification: hold on awhile, Ahmed Aug 26, 2003

I accidentally subscribed into this list and have been receiving your mail. I'm trying to find out right now if there is a way to implement identity verification in the case of this group (theoretically, it can only be done by a verified identity. There are 3 people with verified identities in Egypt, but none of them are subscribed here).

These people are:
Shazly
mutarjem
Hadia Youssef

I'll be back with what the moderating team says.

Ceci
... See more
I accidentally subscribed into this list and have been receiving your mail. I'm trying to find out right now if there is a way to implement identity verification in the case of this group (theoretically, it can only be done by a verified identity. There are 3 people with verified identities in Egypt, but none of them are subscribed here).

These people are:
Shazly
mutarjem
Hadia Youssef

I'll be back with what the moderating team says.

Cecilia
(Moderator Sp>En)
Collapse

Parrot
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I got the information Aug 27, 2003

ID Verification authority can be applied for by filling up the form on:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=vid_application&viewPage=apply

hamuksha (X)
hamuksha (X)
English to Arabic
+ ...
what is the hell is the verified ID??? Aug 27, 2003

Ok, i've lost my patience, it's a big mess here, i'm not willing to add cleaning up dutites to what i'm already commited to do. i just wanna say the organizers did not organize anything, it was just a pointless forum for a powwow that's pointless as well. I quit!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Cairo - Egypt

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »