Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Powwow: Miami - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Miami - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

George Rabel
George Rabel  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ivan, Carole and mom, and George Dec 19, 2003

That makes a meeting. Anyone else is welcome. I´ll be there regardless. The rest of you, have a wonderful holiday!

Carolingua
Carolingua  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
was there a meeting? Dec 29, 2003

I was there but didn't see anyone! What happened? I asked at the restaurant and they said they hadn't seen anyone; and there was no reserved table. I'm sorry it was cancelled. Hope we can try it again some other time!

George Rabel
English to Spanish
+ ...
it was not cancelled Dec 29, 2003

I was there too, but I did not reserve a table to see if anyone was going to show up. I was sitting right outside listening to an excellent guitarist and keeping and eye on everyone who came in and out.. sorry we seem to have missed each other

Carolingua
Carolingua  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oh no! Dec 29, 2003

I *thought* I saw someone who looked like you--but it was hard to tell because I don't like to stare at people as I'm walking by....I wonder if you saw me?

I'm so sorry I didn't stop to find out! I was walking with my Mom and two of her friends (men).

Did anyone else show up?

Well, that's too bad.

Carolina.

George Rabel
English to Spanish
+ ...
next time Dec 30, 2003

I also did see someone walking by who might have been you, Carole, although your hair looked quite lighter than in your profile picture, and it was indeed a party of a younger woman accompanied by an older lady and two older gentlemen, but I do not recall this particular group approaching or even looking toward the entrance of Mezzanote. I was sitting just to the South of the entrance and I thought it must have been someone else, considering I was not expecting a party of 4. Obviously we must p... See more
I also did see someone walking by who might have been you, Carole, although your hair looked quite lighter than in your profile picture, and it was indeed a party of a younger woman accompanied by an older lady and two older gentlemen, but I do not recall this particular group approaching or even looking toward the entrance of Mezzanote. I was sitting just to the South of the entrance and I thought it must have been someone else, considering I was not expecting a party of 4. Obviously we must plan this better next time. I thought the date originally proposed was a bit too close to Christmas, and then the weather was not that pretty that day either.
Let's make it happen in 2004 and plan a little better.
Happy New Year!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Miami - United States

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »