Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Off topic: The Little Translator gets it in the neck
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank You! Sep 22, 2007

I read the whole story today and had lots of fun...

I am looking forward to have my husband read it (which is not a linguist and sometimes thinks all translators/linguists are completely crazy!) and I really think you should stop translating and start writing on your own. I would definitely buy any of your books!

Anyway, hope to read from you again soon!

Giusi

[Modificato alle 2007-09-22 03:57]

Kathryn Strachecky
Kathryn Strachecky  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
French to English
Standing Ovation Sep 22, 2007

Thanks for everything Mervyn

I can't believe LT's gone. Please don't get rid of him for good, even if he has become the Big Translator (5,000 technical words....wow). I for one am willing to forget the end of the last chapter and welcome him back as LT!

Thank you very much for all of your hard work. It really brightened my day whenever a new chapter came out.

One of your very many fans.

[Edited at 2007-09-22 06:57]

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Well done Sep 22, 2007

Enjoyed reading it.
You haven't really killed him off - there's nothing to stop you dreaming about him...occasionally?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The Mound? Sep 22, 2007

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
The Little Translator had never considered himself very successful with women, but he seemed to be the star attraction that night at The Mound for sure.

Never realised the Little Translator was an inhabitant of Auld Reekie...

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Auld Reekie Sep 24, 2007

Samuel Murray wrote:

Never realised the Little Translator was an inhabitant of Auld Reekie...

Hi Samuel,

Very good, ha .... but perhaps a little further south in any case.

I had never heard of The Mound there, though, and had to look it up ... as I was doing so, I realised it was just like a one-off reference that might pop up with someone talking about Edinburgh in a translation.

Most of the street names I used, though, will exist in any town, but all were taken from Dublin, simply because for one reason or another I had to spend hours driving around there one day not long ago, and my mind was still chock-a-block with light blue street nameplates.

Bye now,

Mervyn

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Little Translator gets it in the neck

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »