Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 10:54
Membre (2004)
anglais vers italien
Right... Feb 7, 2007

Jenny Forbes wrote:

He'd do brilliantly if he did. Maybe Giovanni should try it with Jackie - you see, I'm still trying.
Love, Jenny (aka Celestina).

I appreciate your interest and efforts, Jenny, but unfortunately, despite being from Venus and a very nice lady indeed (I like the photo... if that's the real Jacky...:-)), without mentioning her great sense of humour (oops, I mentioned it!), $125,000/year is not quite enough...

G

transparx
transparx  Identity Verified
États-Unis
Local time: 05:54
anglais vers italien
+ ...
oh, i'm speechless! Feb 8, 2007

Maria Karra wrote:
A few weeks ago Konstantin (Kisin) asked if it would be possible to track certain prozians' posts, and I remember he wanted to track yours, Jackie. If that functionality ever gets added to the site you'll definitely be on my list too! You'll be number 3, to be exact. Number 2 will be Konstantin.
Number one will be "the syntax gypsy", aka transparx, with whom I share a lot of views and interests. Number one because of his common sense, his knowledge, his patience, his modesty, his nobility. Reading his posts is so refreshing... It's good for the soul (especially a soul passionate about linguistics like mine is). What an honor to have him here!
Maria

I never thought anyone would ever say such nice things about me here on this site.

I’m honored, Maria, especially because I like what you write, too, and respect you a lot.

I love syntax. When I was a student, I used to say I did syntax with my heart and hands, not with my mind –perhaps this is the reason why I still don't have a full-time job!

And I’m honored to have been mentioned alongside Jackie. I admire her for being so smart, direct, daring, and unconventional.

Once I got upset with Jackie. I didn’t know her at all at that time. But then I read her other previous posts and publicly apologized.

How can you not respect someone who affirms that deadlines are unimportant (true, the customer *isn’t* always right!) and, even more important, who urges people not to confuse gender with sex?

Well, enough! Thank you, Viktoria, for opening this thread, and thanks to all those who speak from their hearts.

[Edited at 2007-02-08 20:15]

Danu
Danu  Identity Verified
Érythrée
Local time: 12:54
Membre (2006)
anglais vers tigrinya
+ ...
Good to hear such compliments Mar 12, 2007

Hi all,

I am happy to see "thank you" note for regular contributers on this site. I am motivated now to participate more and interact with you more without measure. I thank every prozian for making me aware of things related to translation.

Good on you Viktoria.

Danu

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thank you

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »