Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:27
Flemish to English
+ ...
Aug 1, 2011

Today, I paid a visited to my friend, the dental surgeon.
Usually, after treatment he has his finger ready to push on the print-button of his invoices. However, since he treated two teeth and used two different tools, I asked him if he could not give a reduction. I also asked him if I couldn't pay him 45 days later. After all, I had to find out if his treatments really worked and I had to be paid for a translation before I could pay him.
... See more
Today, I paid a visited to my friend, the dental surgeon.
Usually, after treatment he has his finger ready to push on the print-button of his invoices. However, since he treated two teeth and used two different tools, I asked him if he could not give a reduction. I also asked him if I couldn't pay him 45 days later. After all, I had to find out if his treatments really worked and I had to be paid for a translation before I could pay him.
He could not believe his ears.
When I told him, that this was the way of the translation-world, he looked at me with a pair of unbelievable eyes.
Really? Never heard of such rubbish. I want immediate payment and don't give reductions.
And that is the way it should be, payment upon delivery. (POD).

[Edited at 2011-08-01 19:12 GMT]
Collapse

imatahan
imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
LOL Aug 1, 2011

Perfect!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A visit to the dentist.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »